New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

43 minutes ago, glamdring269 said:

Raiders is at around 65k.

As I mentioned earlier in thread, smaller more amenitized stadiums is the future (unless you're somewhere giant like LA). People have been lost to the quality and attainability of big TVs and 4k broadcasts. 

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, DDIG said:

As I mentioned earlier in thread, smaller more amenitized stadiums is the future (unless you're somewhere giant like LA). People have been lost to the quality and attainability of big TVs and 4k broadcasts. 

Large TVs plus the Red Zone channel for me. It really feels like a product that is better at home than attending in person, at least in my opinion.

Now, about those 4k broadcasts... am I missing those? Because I've yet to find a Titans game in 4k. Or basically any game. I don't even think the Super Bowl has been in 4k in the past 2 seasons.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Overall , I think this design is intentional. Yes it’s not a “ wow, look at that stadium “ but I’m thinking that’s the idea. This is supposed to be MORE then just a place for the Titans to play, it’s going to be part of a whole new neighborhood of Downtown Nashville . It’s intended to be a multi purpose venue, part of the Nashville vibe. It has design elements reminiscent of 5th & Broad,  NY , and other cues of the city. If they  do put TPAC in close to this ( and hopefully other museums, art galleries, theaters etc) it can become a vibrant entertainment and social gathering center. Activate the riverfront and I believe we will have a winner!

Well said!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Melrose said:

Where is the parking in the renderings?  

That's my question too. Is it in a parking garage under that green space?  And that is crying out for a pedestrian bridge from the foot of Church Street across the Cumberland.  And how much of that $2.1 billion will be spent on the surrounding infrastructure like that park and the new streets? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Looks great! As others have said, it's meant to be more than a football stadium that gets used 8-10 times a year, so integrating into the neighborhood is more important than making it an architectural vanity project that looks good from a blimp on TV. Hope it doesn't get value engineered into anything more plain, however, given what happened with the current stadium.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

That's my question too. Is it in a parking garage under that green space?  And that is crying out for a pedestrian bridge from the foot of Church Street across the Cumberland.  And how much of that $2.1 billion will be spent on the surrounding infrastructure like that park and the new streets? 

As Bob Mendes has pointed out repeatedly, the $2.1 Billion does not include non-stadium nearby infrastructure.  Cooper used to admit this,  then he got nervous earlier this year because this meant the total number for both is more like $3 Billion and they thought the number looked bad.  

• Like 2

Sorry guys for all the questions here (I have tried to find answers among the recent comments) but I haven't been following this closely.

So the number of seats at 60,000 would be enough for college bowl games? What if Nashville wants to be considered for CFP/championship or even the SEC championship? 

And in those renderings, I don't see where the sides could be opened up. Looks like more of the type of sealed glazed sides of so many buildings that have gone up there. I realize these are concepts.  Is openable sides a priority requirement in the actual final plans.

Edited by MLBrumby

1 hour ago, glamdring269 said:

Large TVs plus the Red Zone channel for me. It really feels like a product that is better at home than attending in person, at least in my opinion.

Now, about those 4k broadcasts... am I missing those? Because I've yet to find a Titans game in 4k. Or basically any game. I don't even think the Super Bowl has been in 4k in the past 2 seasons.

Fox usually has their national game on in 4k, but you have to click an extra button. I have Comcast so don't know if that helps or not.

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful! For 2 billion dollars it should be, right?

I'm coming around to this entire East Bank Redevelopment idea with the stadium as its centerpiece.

What should happen are two things: redevelopment in the neighborhoods adjacent and some serious investment in mass transit as you are going to lose a lot of commuter parking spaces.  Some park n rides out in the neighborhoods are what is needed.

• Like 3