New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

1 hour ago, bnacincy said:

Absolutely beautiful! For 2 billion dollars it should be, right?

I'm coming around to this entire East Bank Redevelopment idea with the stadium as its centerpiece.

What should happen are two things: redevelopment in the neighborhoods adjacent and some serious investment in mass transit as you are going to lose a lot of commuter parking spaces.  Some park n rides out in the neighborhoods are what is needed.

Redevelopment in the adjacent neighborhoods?  Well,  Edgefield certainly does not need redevelopment nor the completely new rebuild of the Cayce projects.  Most of the other areas are already  in significant redevelopment like Main and Woodland up to Five points.  Other old neighborhoods have historic overlays.  Everything west of the stadium is already under significant planning for redevelopment. So what specifically do you suggest for redevelopment that is being presntly ignored?  Sorry, I don't quite see your point.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Redevelopment in the adjacent neighborhoods?  Well,  Edgefield certainly does not need redevelopment nor the completely new rebuild of the Cayce projects.  Most of the other areas are already  in significant redevelopment like Main and Woodland up to Five points.  Other old neighborhoods have historic overlays.  Everything west of the stadium is already under significant planning for redevelopment. So what specifically do you suggest for redevelopment that is being presntly ignored?  Sorry, I don't quite see your point.

There are some buildings right across the interstate that have been there since at least the 60's-I think it's a public housing project that looks way outdated-you can see it in the renderings.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

There are some buildings right across the interstate that have been there since at least the 60's-I think it's a public housing project that looks way outdated-you can see it in the renderings.

Oh yes, I am very familiar with them.  They need to go away.  Good location for hotel.  The main area IMO that might be  a candidate is down Shelby St. and Fatherland whicjh are not protected by historic values.  I think some of the old neighborhood around Shelby Hills would be no big loss to be redeveloped into some prime residential developments  like on Rolling Mill Hill.  i think such a development adjacent to Shelby Park  and  a new Riverside Greenway would be great.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, sambo said:

Fox usually has their national game on in 4k, but you have to click an extra button. I have Comcast so don't know if that helps or not.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for it this weekend. I kind of gave up on even trying since it seems like anytime I looked even the big events were not being broadcast in 4k.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I know those are not part of the Envision Cayce plan and they are owned by MDHA. Not sure what the plan if any is for those. Brett may know if there is one, but they need to be replaced with updated units much like they are doing with Cayce. They are all two-level buildings and would be better suited to be multi-story there. This is not getting rid of affordable housing, it is replacing, improving, and hopefully expanding the number of units.

Agree 100%

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DDIG said:

As I mentioned earlier in thread, smaller more amenitized stadiums is the future (unless you're somewhere giant like LA). People have been lost to the quality and attainability of big TVs and 4k broadcasts. 

Wish the NFL was broadcasting in 4k...

19 hours ago, sambo said:

Fox usually has their national game on in 4k, but you have to click an extra button. I have Comcast so don't know if that helps or not.

There have been a total of zero NFL games broadcast in 4k this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Melrose said:

Sure, let’s tear down affordable housing because it makes someone uncomfortable and replace it with a LaQuinta Inn for budget minded Ravens fans….:rolleyes:

LOL, true RE LaQuinta with opposing fans. 

This land is too prime to have such dated affordable housing. Nashville can and needs to do better. Hopefully we can figure out a way to have brand new, truly affordable housing here without displacing anyone. This site could hold 200+ affordable units and also have a mix of workforce, affordable, and fair market. 

• Like 3

I wrote my councilperson about it (pro-stadium) and was told they were also for the stadium, if for no other reason that it removes close to 2 billion from direct taxpayer liability by issuing bonds through Sports Authority and that Nashville would be off the hook for maintenance in the future.

Edited by japan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Melrose said:

Sure, let’s tear down affordable housing because it makes someone uncomfortable and replace it with a LaQuinta Inn for budget minded Ravens fans….:rolleyes:

Your general statement seemed to be too much of a protest to me, my friend.  Then I saw your emoji.   First of all the "affordable housing" is a in warzone,  generally known as a slum project.  GOOD affordable housing is being built across Shelby replacing similar crap housing of the old Cayce projects,  One of the things we used  to do at holiday parties a couple of blocks over on Russell Street in safer Edgefield was to listen to fireworks  AND to the endless gunshots from such "affordble housing".  You made points by identifying the gun used and the caliber.   As far as your observation of  LaQuinta's cheapness, you can be sure that when the new stadium area develops, a budget chain similar to LaQuinta would never be able to afford what the land will go for.   I thought I had pushed your hot buttons   Sorry if I appear unconcerned with the scarcity of affordable housing these days , but I am veryfamilar with this specific area and i know what I am talking about as far as it needing to go with or without replacement at that location.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Haha 1