New Titans Stadium (60,000 capacity dome, ground level retail, directly east of Nissan Stadium)

markhollin

13 minutes ago, glamdring269 said:

New stadiums will be built. Most don't have the most powerful factor in Nashville's favor... The proximity to lower Broadway alone is sufficient to keep Nashville in constant contention for all of these events.

Lol, Lower Broadway is less and less of a source of pride every day.  Hell, the one and only Steve Smith, who has made millions off of his low rent,  knockoff honky tonks that peddle toxic bro culture,  came out today and said Lower Broadway is out of control.  Steve Smith! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

On 10/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, DDIG said:

Fair but the state money is a done deal as per the people you elected :tw_joy:

Because I voted for candidates in my state district doesn't mean those elected from my state district received votes from me.  I happen to be a proponent for this project, but your statement seems to say it doesn't matter as I get what I get because of who represents me....that's an entirely different conversation, and I wouldn't presume to know who you voted for based upon an undescriptive and indirectly related comment.

You're right, is fair, and that was my point...that even though I reside outside of Davidson County, I have the right to discuss this project as state money is being used.   

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Melrose said:

Lol, Lower Broadway is less and less of a source of pride every day.  Hell, the one and only Steve Smith, who has made millions off of his low rent,  knockoff honky tonks that peddle toxic bro culture,  came out today and said Lower Broadway is out of control.  Steve Smith! 

Don't make stuff up. Provide us with a quote.

2 hours ago, Melrose said:

He didn't say anything about "out of control". So yeah you made it up. He specifically refers to the homeless and criminals including the drug dealers. So the moaning about the tourists is out of place. This "story" is nothing more than a poorly constructed hit piece against the entertainment district probably on behalf of the real estate developers. This is the third such article by that sham of a paper in less than four months.

Edited by Mr Gain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Melrose said:

Your opinion on Lower Broadway, it's perceived source of "local pride", etc. are basically irrelevant in the larger picture of whether it is a competitive advantage vs. other markets or not. I don't really enjoy that area anymore either but to dismiss it as a business draw is a mistake.

• Like 1