Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I have been in Hotel Indigo's, and they nowhere near compare to other boutique properties. The Hotel Indigo I stayed in NYC was nowhere near the caliber of boutique I stayed in London or Scotland. The Swissotel in Atlanta was amazing. Hotel Indigo is an offshoot brand of Intercontinental/Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn. Boutiques are usually not part of major corporate brands.

• Like 1

I have been in Hotel Indigo's, and they nowhere near compare to other boutique properties. The Hotel Indigo I stayed in NYC was nowhere near the caliber of boutique I stayed in London or Scotland. The Swissotel in Atlanta was amazing. Hotel Indigo is an offshoot brand of Intercontinental/Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn. Boutiques are usually not part of major corporate brands.

A strong distinction, UA.

WW

Serta Simmons plans shared services center in UBS Tower

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/08/11/serta-simmons-looking-space-ubs-tower/13923669/

This would be a huge win for the UBS tower, downtown, and jobs.

I really hope we get this "project velcro" the article mentions.... And it would be even better if they went into a new building - sheet music, 505cst, WES, with signage on it. Come on Tony and Alex where are you??

175,000 SQ ft from one tenant should be enough to convince the banks to lend the money?

On a side note, we are becoming the shared services capital with Lowe's hotels, UBS, Service Source, possibly Serta and this Australian company.

• Like 2

hmm, Australian financial services company. wonder who? Macquarie, perhaps. 175k would qualify as THE major tenant in just about any building and a lease would certainly get your project banked. Depends on the tenant's timeline. Are they in a position to wait for a new building or do they need existing space?

Here's something "new."  In this brochure, UBS Tower is referred to as "CityPointe," and is depicted with major exterior changes including a roof and facade additions.

http://marketing.cbre.com/PMC/CityPointe/CityPointe.html

I like it! Now that's a nice brochure! The CVB should use some of that info in recruiting conventions and relocations lol. It just gave you a run down of what's happending downtown in 18 nicely laid out pages.

They really put some money into this brochure, now let's just hope the plans come through.

That might explains why three different entities this week are all speculated at signing long term leases...due to the renovation and addition to the tower.

Here's something "new."  In this brochure, UBS Tower is referred to as "CityPointe," and is depicted with major exterior changes including a roof and facade additions.

http://marketing.cbre.com/PMC/CityPointe/CityPointe.html

Interesting that the brochure references "high end retail" and shows five open retail spots in the layout. I'm very intrigued to see what brands they can attract.

Great addition to the neighborhood!

I know it gets a lot of flak because of its hipster-to-the-extreme nature, but I find that BP is a nice place to go occasionally, even if I'll never be a regular there.

So - I was driving home the other day and Lee Chapel AME was being demoed as well as several adjacent properties. I got excited as this area of DB Todd Scovel as Heiman has great potential (though I did love the old church building)

Turns out - the church is rebuilding a suburban style building on six parcels and then adding surface parking on 3 parcels. This is absolutely maddening. Are there not any zoning things that have to change to turn single family lots into one parcel, or into parking lots? How is this in line with the north nashville plan?

I emailed the council person but I'm skeptical I'll get a response.

Here are the renderings

https://m.facebook.com/theleechapel?_rdr

• Like 1