Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I just looked at the tax records - they own like everything over there and have been buying properties since the early 90s.

Both of the 2.5 story four squares on scovel are owned by them. I'm gonna have my investors contact them about purchasing. It will be terrible if they end up razing the entire two blocks they own.

• Like 1

Just saw on Channel 4 that Lifeway is looking to sell their entire downtown campus.

Saw that too. Had a crying newborn on my shoulder, so I couldn't hear much about it. That's prime real estate though. I wonder why they put the graphic up that they did though about the skyline having a possible big change.

The Mark Montgomery project at the Ink building next to City Winery has started as well.

Not a rendering!!!   Example of one built in Pittsburgh....

Exterior_F_1.jpg

Some good infill if it looks like this,

I will be good with it as long as the Metro design committee holds their feet to the fire. This is considered budget I suppose, and there is probably a need downtown with all of the high end stuff getting ready to start.

I stayed at the Cambria Suites in Oklahoma City for a week last year while there for work.  Very comfy and somewhat stylish/trendy, for a limited service hotel brand.  I would put it into the same category as a Hilton Garden Inn.  Should fit well into the downtown marketplace, for those convention attendees and tourists whose budgets do not permit a night at the Omni.

My question is whether or not a developer would actually demolish the current buildings, or use them in some form or fashion?

It would be great if they could at least demo the big, flat warehouse-type space that stretches across this land.  I've always though what a massive wast of space that is.  This could be very exciting!

In regards to the Lifeway site. Good for them if they can get the deal done, but where would they go? Just imagine. The religious publishers who once anchored downtown will all be gone now. The Methodists and Baptists are leaving. The AMEC on 8th  May sell their building too I have heard. There were many others. 

Church attendance is dwindling and many of the older congregations who are down to a dozen members or so will be selling their lots as well. The Braeden United Methodist on Main Street in East Nashville will have a neighbor on the same lot;  a row of town homes.

The face of the city is definitely changing.

• Like 2

My wish for the Lifeway site would be SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) or a university campus for the energy of youth downtown.

Watkins would be nice. My only problem with this would be parking requirements. Unless it became a more settled student population with dorms and various public transportation options, I think you would see a flood of students driving in for class in the morning, then leaving in the afternoon. Not really a boon to the overall vibe. But if it spurred a boom in low cost housing construction, I'd be for it. 

Church attendance is dwindling and many of the older congregations who are down to a dozen members or so will be selling their lots as well. The Braeden United Methodist on Main Street in East Nashville will have a neighbor on the same lot;  a row of town homes.

The face of the city is definitely changing.

Only Lee Chapel AME seem to have it figured out, as they grow and consume North Nashville real estate!

• Like 1