Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

There's a new Germantown project listed on Metro's development tracker website. It's a 256 unit apartment block by Price Development Group. The property is between 3rd and 4th Avenues, north of Monroe Street. Currently, the site contains the Angelo Formosa and Wang's warehouses.

• Like 1

There's a new Germantown project listed on Metro's development tracker website. It's a 256 unit apartment block by Price Development Group. The property is between 3rd and 4th Avenues, north of Monroe Street. Currently, the site contains the Angelo Formosa and Wang's warehouses.

That's a big one.     I went by Formosa the other day and it looked shuttered.    Maybe has been for a while and I haven't noticed.  

Key details emerge on Printers Alley hotel project

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/08/01/printers-alley-hotel-goldberg-nashville/13468451/

The project will build up so that all four buildings reach six stories as well. Marks said that the Embers building, which is eligible for the National Historic Registry, would also be preserved.

I like that they are making all 4 building six stories. This will definitely bring a little height presence to the 4th ave side.

I agree, it definitely seems like the ACE brand.

Edited by nashmoney
  • Like 3

"Royal Investments said the hotel brand has a presence in New York, Los Angeles and Palm Springs, among other locations."

That sounds like Ace Hotels. I'm sure there are other boutiques that have those three locations, but given the rumors about Ace Hotels recently I bet they are the brand.

That is a pretty encouraging article. It sounds like they are committing themselves, at least in some regard, to preserving the character of the alley itself while also adding a music venue. I also like the fact that they are preserving existing structures and adding to them. This must be an Ace Hotel, because the developer stated that the hotel has a location in Palm Springs.

That is a pretty encouraging article. It sounds like they are committing themselves, at least in some regard, to preserving the character of the alley itself while also adding a music venue. I also like the fact that they are preserving existing structures and adding to them. This must be an Ace Hotel, because the developer stated that the hotel has a location in Palm Springs.

It's a Field Marshall DJ Hotel, and he is going to add 100 stories to the top of the Utopia Building since he hates "shorties" which ironically is the name of the restaurant which will be called "Shorties" because they specialize in short drinks with a tall order of alcohol!  :yahoo:

• Like 1

The 4 buildings on the 4th Ave side could not be more different in height, design, materials and, from the looks, age.  Can't wait to see how a clever architect will tie them together with new vertical construction.    Whatever is done needs to retain the splendor of the Utopia Hotel building and not try to be a cheap imitation of it.    

It's a Field Marshall DJ Hotel, and he is going to add 100 stories to the top of the Utopia Building since he hates "shorties" which ironically is the name of the restaurant which will be called "Shorties" because they specialize in short drinks with a tall order of alcohol!  :yahoo:

100 stories of Second Empire glory ! Yeah, baby ! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Here are the details on the Price Development project - 256 units

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/08/02/new-apartments-heading-germantown/13505767/

There are so many apartment developments being proposed for the G-town and ballpark area that it is hard to keep up with all of them.

Work has begun on the Geist blacksmith shop property, on Jefferson Street.

Yeah, we saw those permits come in a little while back.  The permits indicated that the side porch (which is actually falling down) is going to be demolished, among other things.  But I am generally relieved at the prospect of having the blacksmith shop and the big house saved.

• Like 2

Here are the details on the Price Development project - 256 units

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/08/02/new-apartments-heading-germantown/13505767/

There are so many apartment developments being proposed for the G-town and ballpark area that it is hard to keep up with all of them.

I emailed Chris Benson at Price, he said he will send me a picture once they get a rendering put togethe.  

Edited by HGMIII
  • Like 1

AN article from the NBJ featuring Jim Creason's planned retail/commercial project in Germantown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/08/developer-wants-upbeat-concept-for-prime.html

I really like this. It's a good looking render .The possibility of a speakeasy-type establishment in the basement is a great idea as well as whatever event/bar/deck space is developed for the rooftop. I like this developer. 

If this ends up looking halfway like the grey rendering, I would call it building of the year.

Yeah, this is a good look!  We talked about this one a while back when this proposal was heard and approved by the Metro Historic Zoning Commission.  I'm glad to see that the applicant is making progress to bringing this project to fruition.

• Like 1

Here's a site plan for the Price project.

http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2014/091114/2014SP-065-001_plan.pdf

Gosh, quite a bit bigger than I thought.  Thought this was only gong to be on the site of the Angelo Formosa property, but this also takes up the big warehouse that used to be home to an Asian market.