Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

There is an article in the Tennessean about a partnership for the Tarver project in the N Gulch. They are partnering with Transwestern.That is huge. A subsidiary of NW Mutual.

Someone please link the article

It is a big deal but I do not believe Transwestern has any affiliation with NW Mutual

This is incredible for Nashville!!! 

21c, Ace Hotels, Le Meridien... awesome!

Definitely!  Those are all extremely high quality brands.  Especially Le Meridien!  It's about time The Hermitage had some company in the truly high-end hotel market!

• Like 1

The Cumberland to undergo multi-million dollar interior and exterior upgrades:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2014/8/8/downtowns_cumberland_tower_undergoes_updates

Exterior upgrades consist of a paint job. Wish something could be done to resurface the ground level dryvit stucco. Painting has already started. Edited by CenterHill

Never mind--answered my own question.

Not sure Ace has been confirmed but all arrows pointing. Speculation about this project is all over the place. In Monty's the other day the rumor was all 4 buildings were coming down. I said NO!!!!, the developers plan to restore the Utopia and Embers buildings and build up 6 stories over the low rises.

Once renderings are out it will calm things down (assuming we like the renderings!).

• Like 1

Having a Le Méridien hotel is huge!  Even though it's going to be a small hotel (82 rooms I think?) it will put Nashville in some pretty prestigious company. There are only 15 of them in the U.S. but 109 other locations in some of the most exotic locations on the planet.  Their Bora Bora resort is my ultimate dream.

• Like 1

Everything has been pointing to these brands. At what point do we get too many boutiques within a block. The article states 21C, ACE, Le Meridian, another one at 401 Union which we knew about plus Indigo that sits across the street from the 21C, not to mention there was one mentioned to go into the Wells Fargo building on 4th.

I hope we can absorb all these high end rooms. I am happy that this area is getting more activation. We need more residential in the area north of Church St. Maybe some of the parking lots will now get built on with some retail/residential buildings with more parking I hope.

• Like 3

It seems like there's price support to justify some additional supply. I was interested in taking my wife to the Hermitage for our anniversary next week and the cheapest nightly rate on their website was $499. I passed. Those are prices I'm used to seeing in downtown chicago and Manhattan.

You can never have too many boutique hotels. They satisfy a certain type of customer, especially the long term guest planning on a couple of weeks or more. I would not place the Hotel Indigo in the same class as the other three mentioned.

John, John, John. Hotel Indigo is a boutique hotel and one of the first branded as such.

Ron,

I will say that John would be correct to make a distinction if the average Hotel Indigo offers more rooms than, on average, other boutique hotel brands. But I'm not sure that's true. The Hotel Indigos I've seen (In Asheville and St. Louis) are good-sized. Maybe that is the difference.