Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

^^^^

Benefit= windows on both sides of your apartment

Disadvantage= neighbors walking through your apartment to get to the elevator.

How so?

Common space on each floor at the elevator and/or a key card that only takes you to your floor, the lobby, and the amenities floor. 

I've heard whispers that Deja Vu is going to be no more,  can anyone verify this?  This has been an inevitability but I don't believe I've actually heard confirmation that this will happen.

I have not heard anything yet, but it would not surprise me. With TranWestern partnering on the old Performance Studio site, then I look for more of the big players to make their presence known in Nashville.

• Like 1

There has been an option on the Deja Vu site for sometime. I don't suspect it will be there a year from now. This is a franchise operation so I can safely assume they will try to move elsewhere, unfortunately for them there are not many places that will take them anymore.

There were a couple of high rise proposals for the lot a while back. I'll have to see if I can find them.

Edited by Urban Architecture

The final piece to the Germantown Market (AKA Peafowl Theater) - A juice bar.  http://nashville.eater.com/archives/2014/08/18/juice-bar-set-to-round-out-germantown-market.php

I'm having a hard time envisioning how those four businesses are going to divide space in the building.    Is it possible there will be some new construction on the adjacent parking area?  

The buildings at the corner of 6th and KVB are about to come down. No plans at this time. My thoughts is they are going to get parking revenue off the land.

Hooray... More surface parking. There's plenty of Premier Parking signage up there already, so I think that's a solid guess. Too bad it's Tony's parking, so probably his land as well. Doubt we'll see any action any time soon on that fact alone.

I'd rather they leave the buildings just so we have something to break up the huge swaths of pavement, but I think we'll all just have to wait a few years.

There has been an option on the Deja Vu site for sometime. I don't suspect it will be there a year from now. This is a franchise operation so I can safely assume they will try to move elsewhere, unfortunately for them there are not many places that will take them anymore.

I-65 at the Tennessee-Alabama state line seems like a welcoming spot.   LOL

I'm having a hard time envisioning how those four businesses are going to divide space in the building.    Is it possible there will be some new construction on the adjacent parking area?  

Probably not, based on the types of businesses indicated. I bet they will all take a corner of the interior and operate similar to how the food court in the Farmers' Market is configured. Doesn't seem like any of the announced tenants really need that much space to operate, and their business will likely feed off of each other.

Would love to see the same shot today!   Concrete medians down Broadway?  The site where the Hard Rock Café is today looks like it has been recently cleared.  The two residential towers at Vandy are the tallest buildings west of the Gulch, which of course was just the gulch. Hutton hotel is the tallest thing on West End... and the fabled railroad shed appears to gleam under the sun.  Notably, there are already (by 1963) a shameful number of surface parking lots... no doubt, Postwar "Progress".  Generally, that whole area south of Broadway was very dumpy, but certainly an area where many people were employed.

• Like 1