Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Wow...all that help and the guy couldn't even give us better than a beige box?

Or be taller then 21 stories and 260' or whatever it is? Yeah...for the price of the Omni, and how much the city invested in it, (I think the total cost is north of $250M for the entire project ) we sure didn't get a whole lot of bang for the buck. Sure the inside is pretty nice, but it definitely isn't much to look at or be proud of on the outside. 

Edited by mirydi
  • Like 1

And after the Omni deal, metro offered $3 million to Swerdling's Westin project and $3 million to Tony's Marriott project .... and we get neither of them. But the flip side is that metro said they offered what was available ($6 million total). Will metro offer this TIF to another developer??????

Good day for a Nutty Buddy!

And after the Omni deal, metro offered $3 million to Swerdling's Westin project and $3 million to Tony's Marriott project .... and we get neither of them. But the flip side is that metro said they offered what was available ($6 million total). Will metro offer this TIF to another developer??????

Good day for a Nutty Buddy!

Rather than play the waiting game of who will build their hotel by 2025, let's just award all of the TIF to one developer so MAYBE, just MAYBE we can get another one actually out of the ground.

The detractors of the MCC will be exactly right about its failure if its prime years are wasted by small conventions, due to the lack of large blocks of rooms.

• Like 2

Just spoke with Grant Hammond about these units, they will be listed at 375,000 on 7/21/2014.  Units are 1701 sq ft...would be 220 / sq ft, incredible 

Hey folks, I thought you would appreciate a clarification directly from me. These homes have not been priced yet and probably won't for another 2 weeks. The west side of Rosa Parks Blvd is experiencing tremendous flux and fluidness due to being sandwiched between the ball park and announced plans for the NWML site just southwest of Hope Gardens and Historic Buena Vista. Avenue Real Estate's Karen Roach and Jeremy Pickens will have the listing for Trust Development, LLC for these two Row Homes and will work with me to finalize pricing in the coming days. I will update you as they go live on the MLS. Thanks for your interest.    

Edited by jbcreason
  • Like 2

Hey folks, I thought you would appreciate a clarification directly from me. These homes have not been priced yet and probably won't for another 2 weeks. The west side of Rosa Parks Blvd is experiencing tremendous flux and fluidness due to being sandwiched between the ball park and announced plans for the NWML site just southwest of Hope Gardens and Historic Buena Vista. Avenue Real Estate's Karen Roach and Jeremy Pickens will have the listing for Trust Development, LLC for these two Row Homes and will work with me to finalize pricing in the coming days. I will update you as they go live on the MLS. Thanks for your interest.    

Thanks for the clarification Jim.  

According to a dallasnews blog from January, the city of Dallas is carrying $659million in debt for their Omni convention center hotel. So glad Nashville did not go down that road!

I'm kind of suspicious of exactly what this Omni outfit's business model is.  It sounds like they take money from taxpayers and give it to their shareholders.

• Like 1

Hey Jim,

When are you planning on starting the Gramercy?

Most likely the latter part of Q3 or the early part of Q4. It all depends on the close out of Luxus which we anticipate early part of September to late September. We are having a brokers open today to showcase our one remaining Row Home in Luxus. The festivities start at Germantown Café at 4:00PM and will carry on with a walking tour of 1236 5th Ave North until 7:00PM (our premier residence). If you have any free time, feel free to stop by and introduce yourself.   

Not too bad.  Eager to see the rest of the development.  Aren't there a lot of older brick structures in that area?  Perhaps I am thinking about somewhere else.

If you go up 11th Ave and hang a left at Clinton Street and go under the Interstate overpass you come to the Marathon Motor Works area, which is almost all brick structures.  That's not too far away.  Is that what you are thinking of?  Otherwise, that area around Charlotte is mostly parking lots and a hodge-podge of building types.

• Like 1

If you go up 11th Ave and hang a left at Clinton Street and go under the Interstate overpass you come to the Marathon Motor Works area, which is almost all brick structures.  That's not too far away.  Is that what you are thinking of?  Otherwise, that area around Charlotte is mostly parking lots and a hodge-podge of building types.

Yes perhaps that is the area.  Was thinking maybe that is why the design of the tower has (or looks to be) red brick. Trying to tie into the area.  Buuuuuut, if it's mostly surface parking, they could have went with any design.  Sorry but it's been a while since I have been home, and with all the development going on it's hard to keep up with the cityscape. 

I was referring to both the Marathon area and the US Tobacco complex, some of which has been razed for the Capitol View project. Large red brick industrial buildings. Plus a handful of older brick buildings up on Jefferson.

I do like the way the Parallon building will tie in with all of these. It fits the neighborhood.

• Like 2