Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Jim,

I got a chance to stop by last night, but I was late, I didn't see you.  I saw Grant, but he was chatting people up before I ran into a neighbor who distracted me.  The unit(s) looks outstanding, I really liked the first floor entertainment wet bar at 1236.  The roof top deck was larger than I expected and adding the exterior kitchen will really make the outdoor space special.  The premier finishes and technology built-ins are top notch as well.  

9vkVNg2.jpg

Edited by HGMIII
  • Like 3

Planning Commission staff reports for next Thursday's hearing include a couple of items on the north side.

The Stadium Lofts SP is being revised to allow a maximum height of 85 feet, up from 75 feet. The upper portion is also referred to as a "sky lounge." But no other major change. 85 feet will be pretty tall for that area, but this is about the most ideal spot for that height. Probably good views of the ballpark, actually. No rendering was included in the Planning staff reports, but that may be available elsewhere. This is outside the Germantown HPZ District so no MHZC review required.

There is also a rezoning to create a parking lot near Meharry on Hermosa Street, and there is a rezoning of a property from CS to MUN-A on Fisk Street.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

The north nashville development in the post is at 26th and Clarksville pike, which is currently a large, abandoned apartment complex.

This will be huge for this area - my house is just 3 blocks from this development.

Things are about to explode up here as it's the only truly affordable area left close to downtown.

• Like 1

I went to Ultimate Tire & Car care at 815 Ewing Ave today during my lunch to get a tire for my older SUV and they informed me that they are going out of business because the city if forcing them out because of a new bridge that will be going through their property. Does anyone know about this new bridge within the CBD?

This will be the Division St connector.

I went to Ultimate Tire & Car care at 815 Ewing Ave today during my lunch to get a tire for my older SUV and they informed me that they are going out of business because the city if forcing them out because of a new bridge that will be going through their property. Does anyone know about this new bridge within the CBD?

Here is the proposed route of the connector.   TN Brew Works is spared (hooray), the tire place and several other buildings on Ewing will go. 

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-06%20at%204.27.4

Edited by CenterHill

I went to Ultimate Tire & Car care at 815 Ewing Ave today during my lunch to get a tire for my older SUV and they informed me that they are going out of business because the city if forcing them out because of a new bridge that will be going through their property.

Sorry to hear that; those guys are hard-working, honest, and a pleasure to do business with. I've been a customer of Bobby's for nearly 35 years. The irony is that they migrated from Universal Tire [now 1212], to the M Street property being converted to a restaurant, to Ewing.  And now this.  I'm all for the development of the downtown and the Demonbruen Connector, but we have to realize that progress comes with a cost.  Here we're losing a local business and people are losing their jobs.  Too bad.

I saw that too. Glad to see this property getting a rehab. I am curious as to what will be going in though. The permit did not say what the usage was for.

I believe I read somewhere that  the same people that renovated BowTruss want to combine the two existing buildings on the 311 parcel into one large building

I will echo that.  I was one of Bobby's customers at the Gulch location and followed them to Ewing when they moved.  As you mentioned, they picked that spot on Ewing in order to remain close to their customers in the downtown area based on an explicit understanding that the Division Street Connector would be going in north of that property, not through that property.  It's heartbreaking to me that the route change means that they would have to move yet again and they may not be in a financial or staffing position to go through that all over again.  It's a shame.  I wish them the best wherever they land individually.

Sorry to hear that; those guys are hard-working, honest, and a pleasure to do business with. I've been a customer of Bobby's for nearly 35 years. The irony is that they migrated from Universal Tire [now 1212], to the M Street property being converted to a restaurant, to Ewing.  And now this.  I'm all for the development of the downtown and the Demonbruen Connector, but we have to realize that progress comes with a cost.  Here we're losing a local business and people are losing their jobs.  Too bad.

A little taller than I had imagined it would be. Not a great design...but not bad, either.

When an actual professional rendering is released I believe most will be pleased. It is a handsome building. The street level that I have seen is fantastic and not represented in the stolen released renderings.

More pics of Capital View Development Screen%20Shot%202014-07-23%20at%205.05.2Screen%20Shot%202014-07-23%20at%204.38.2Screen%20Shot%202014-07-23%20at%206.02.3

Have we not had enough rounded glass wall at the corner buildings yet?

I think the overall project is fantastic. Just don't care for the corner treatment.