Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

That is going to look so gaudy.  It's bad enough the lighting on the tower sucks now.  I hope this doesn't happen.

You mean worse than this?

9291135768_e5574aaae3_z.jpg

I agree though...It would look terrible. What a nice way to screw up Nashville's most iconic building. 

• Like 1

Nice building...I like it!

The Gulch is booming!..this will make 3 builings being constructed at the same time - Eakin tower, gulch crossings, and this hotel. That area will be crane city.

I wonder what the sliver lot has planned....will be interesting to see

Also, with all of the hotels planned and under-constructed, I wonder what hotel brand will the Capital view HCA project will pursue

Aerial is out of the picture for this project. I know that for sure.

Aerial is out of the picture for Salemtown Cottages on 7th Ave N at I-65.  I think that Michael Kenner's company is still working on that one. 

But Aerial's cottage development at 4th Ave N in Salemtown was disapproved by the MHZC at last night's hearing.  The number of units (6 on 2 lots) was approved by the Planning Commission and the Council, but the Historic Zoning Commissioners can revise the actual site plan and obviously review height/massing/materials and such.  No one from Aerial was present to answer questions, either, which potentially could have gotten the project approved with additional conditions.  So the Commissioners were reluctant to go about redrawing someone's proposal from the bench.  They disapproved the application, but Aerial can come back at a future hearing.

By contrast, the 8-unit cottage development on White Ave in Woodland-in-Waverly was approved by the MHZC after a lengthy deliberation.  That application document on the MHZC agenda is over 100 pages long with extremely detailed images and technical information.  Michael Garrigan from Dale & Associates was there to answer technical questions about the Metro Stormwater-required rain gardens.  That proposal was ultimately saved by having the architect present to answer questions/concerns from the Commissioners and to pull up a scale model schematic on his laptop to show a 3-dimensional street view image that could be rotated to show how the project would appear from different perspectives on the street, sides, and the alley.  That street perspective view helped to assuage the Commissioners' concerns and the motion to approve passed.

The Aerial project on 4th Ave N / Salemtown proposal immediately followed the White Ave / Woodland-in-Waverly proposal and was an interesting juxtaposition.  But the Commissioners had much greater concerns about the height and massing of the 4th Ave N proposal and the applicant was not present to try to assuage those concerns or to discuss his/her willingness/ability to adjust the proposal to meet the conditions for approval.  And so 4th Ave North was disapproved. 

A word of advice to the builder/development community:  show up at your hearings. 

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

Nice building...I like it!

The Gulch is booming!..this will make 3 builings being constructed at the same time - Eakin tower, gulch crossings, and this hotel. That area will be crane city.

I wonder what the sliver lot has planned....will be interesting to see

Also, with all of the hotels planned and under-constructed, I wonder what hotel brand will the Capital view HCA project will pursue

I think cranes will be down for Crossings by time this one is going, maybe even before Eakin cranes are up, they are moving pretty fast.

He's Back!!!......and He even added 2 floors.

New look proposed to re-start controversial downtown diner

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26328816/new-look-proposed-to-re-start-controversial-downtown-diner

From the article:

The most eye-catching features of the new look for Avenue Diner are a much more pronounced seven-foot overhang for the upper floors and an additional two levels to the original design.

Updated render

4531210_G.jpg

A word of advice to the builder/development community:  show up at your hearings. 

There's a lot of ill-will towards Aerial--particularly because of their perceived disregard for public opinion regarding some new developments they are cranking out. Things like this do nothing to help their image.

Gotta say--I'm a little bit on the fence about this one. I know we'll never be a skyscraper city--at least not any time soon--but I had gotten really optimistic about something really tall here after rumors of a towering Four Seasons or the like. This is a very attractive building, though...just not the height I was hoping for.

I'll survive. :shrug:

I would have to agree. I'm a little disappointed with the height, but I guess it is what it is.

Did you guys notice that the exterior design of the hotel is somewhat similar to that of the Twelve Twelve building?