Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Great stuff as always. Just one request, however: I wish you could break them all up into separate posts by area rather than collectively for the whole city/metro region. (Downtown; Gulch; West End; Green Hills; et al).

I understand. The problem I am running into is shear numbers of projects. Its hard enough as it is, and to break it down further would be a bigger pain in the A$#, than I could stand. I keep three running list along with the map and all the renderings. It hurts my head to think about trying another way. LOL

• Like 1

Somebody help me here. NES posted a throw-back-Thursday photo of the arena under construction. My head hurts looking at it because I can't for the life of me figure out how it was taken...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9HFRinIEAICVM2.jpg:large

EDIT: I figured it out. It's flipped horizontally. Geez, without SoBro it's hard to orient things!

It is reversed. It should look like this....

ArenaConst_zpsf14c52fe.jpg

Wow.  I don't even remember the construction of this thing.  In the mid 90's there was no reason for my Dad to take me downtown, until that thing was open and we could watch the Preds and the Nashville Cats.  We did a lot of things, Starwood, Opryland theme park, the Science museum (IIRC it wasn't called "Adventure Science Center" in the 90's) etc. but never went DT until the arena.

Edited by NashvilleTaylor

Nice shot... that same photo could have anywhere from 4-5 more cranes in just a few months... Bridgestone... Westin. It would also be in view of the Virgin... and M Residences tower (just to the right of Adelicia). Is that the only crane SoBro will be needing?  And I know I read here that Aertson will be getting a second one. 

That red one certainly looks to be standing where the Engineering building is u/c... and I have heard from a previous post here that the crane behind Beaman is for the Cadence complex. 

The apartments at Musica are called Element. 

I believe one of those cranes to the right might be SESAC. 

Edited by MLBrumby