Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

I'd love to see an Austin and Nashville tower crane tally within their respective core's right now. Fairly certain it's almost even right now. Although Austin is clearly ahead in the high rise game.

I did my part.  :) On Friday I posted an updated tally for Austin (at the bottom of page 28) in the Tallest U/C project thread.  I counted 28 tower cranes on that day. 

Edited by The ATX
  • Like 4

Hey ATX...what's the tallest that Austin is building right now?

The 58-story, 688' Independent condo tower is the tallest proposal.  Financing and a ground breaking should be announced soon since over 90% of the units were reserved in the first week.  The tallest project actually U/C is the 36-story, 595' (with spire) Fairmont hotel.  I just published my latest list in Austin's Tallest projects in the Austin forum:  

Austin's Tallest Project Listing

• Like 1

The 58-story, 688' Independent condo tower is the tallest proposal.  Financing and a ground breaking should be announced soon since over 90% of the units were reserved in the first week.  The tallest project actually U/C is the 36-story, 595' (with spire) Fairmont hotel.  I just published my latest list in Austin's Tallest projects in the Austin forum:  

Austin's Tallest Project Listing

So uh... wanna trade Westins?

• Like 1

I'm still trying to understand why developers aren't going higher here in Nashville....like Austin.  Are there just too many regulations against height here in the CBD...or something else?

I don't know either , but when I come to economic Austin has to be doing something right The Austonian in Downtown Austin , pricing Start at $1.5 million to live in there $10 million for the penthouse  at 8 thousand sq ,  

also the tower is 56 floors , this is a big difference  , I'm not saying that Nashville cannot support a tower like this I live in the icon and they have a penthouse on the market here  for 2 million dollars still a lot of money but its not 10 million dollars,  

Nashville doesn't have a full million dollar condo price tower nor has one been planned at any hight 505cst I don't believe will as expensive as that tower is 

Edited by chris holman
  • Like 1

I don't know either , but when I come to economic Austin has to be doing something right The Austonian in Downtown Austin , pricing Start at $1.5 million to live in there $10 million for the penthouse  at 8 thousand sq ,  

also the tower is 56 floors , this is a big difference  , I'm not saying that Nashville cannot support a tower like this I live in the icon and they have a penthouse on the market here  for 2 million dollars still a lot of money but its not 10 million dollars,  

Nashville doesn't have a full million dollar condo price tower nor has one been planned at any hight 505cst I don't believe will as expensive as that tower is 

Yeah...I'm wondering what the major differences are between Austin and Nashville, as far as condo numbers and pricing.  I'm guessing there are a few more people with big money in the Austin market...as well as maybe a few-years head start on us?  Plus...I wonder if Austin having better public transit helps them?

Yeah...I'm wondering what the major differences are between Austin and Nashville, as far as condo numbers and pricing.  I'm guessing there are a few more people with big money in the Austin market...as well as maybe a few-years head start on us?  Plus...I wonder if Austin having better public transit helps them?

I don't know enough about the big money and head start theories to comment on those.  But I will say our mass transit system has helped.  It has helped in the sense that it is so terrible and the roads/highways are so freaking congested that people are moving en masse to Downtown/Central Austin because commutes have gotten so bad. 

• Like 1

Views are never guaranteed unless the building owners have purchased the air rights over the surrounding buildings, which is what the 1515 Demonbreun folks did over the Comfort Inn, thus keeping their pretty phenomenal Gulch & downtown views. 

Don't quote me on this but I don't believe the above is true.  My understanding is that this owner has not sold his air rights.  

Not mine because I don't drone, but...

square_dont-drone-me-bro_ICON.jpg

EDIT: I'm really quite satisfied with the way this lighting scheme turned out. This bridge always seemed rather drab and dreary up until now. So many cities have their iconic bridges with unique designs and ours is just this plain little arch. At least now it has some uniqueness to it!

Edited by Vrtigo
Rambling on...
  • Like 3