Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

4 hours ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

Understand from a very reliable source that Zara, a European department store, will be part of the new section in the mall.  Zara sells clothing that is very European and would be considered a higher end than H & M and better quality.  It does seem odd that no official names of the new stores have been announced.  

They likely will wait until the new year to announce anything.

Nothing will really be ready until this time next year, from what I've heard. Also the public would get confused and think they were coming this year. Even when they start announcing, i bet it will be a few at a time...drawn out, to keep up interest.

I will also be interested to see how many current tenants will relocate within the mall. It's often easier to simply move into a new space than renovate an existing one. I think it will be a fairly dismal Christmas for the mall. There are a lot of empty spaces (the old Restoration and 3/4 surrounding now vacant spaces) and they will want to avoid any massive work in the existing space during the holiday season.

Edited by Nash_12South

This one seems to have slipped through the cracks from yesterday. A Waffle house is planned on the corner of Charlotte and 16th Ave where the Cricket store was. They are rehabbing the building so they do not have to build up to the street according to the UZO.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21021642/midtown-seemingly-set-for-waffle-house

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

That's a great location for a waffle house!  Proximity to the cbd, and the increasing density that we all expect along Charlotte, it will never be not busy. 

My hunch is that Waffle House could build 20 locations in or near the downtown loop and they'd all stay busy. Seems a bit surprising that they haven't already.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

That's a great location for a waffle house!  Proximity to the cbd, and the increasing density that we all expect along Charlotte, it will never be not busy. 

My 87 yo mother will certainly want to go when she's in town.  I'm still amazed that she loves Waffle House so much.

Madison Mill has a new buyer.  Third & Urban is under contract to purchase the 7.12-acre site property from owner Tom Patten and hopes to adaptively reuse the property’s existing buildings. The reinvention of the site will yield what will be called Sylvan Supply, with the address as 4101 Charlotte Ave. The Madison Mill industrial site is home to mill buildings constructed between 1923 and 1950.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21021980/charlotte-avenue-industrial-site-eyed-for-update

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

My hunch is that Waffle House could build 20 locations in or near the downtown loop and they'd all stay busy. Seems a bit surprising that they haven't already.

10 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

My 87 yo mother will certainly want to go when she's in town.  I'm still amazed that she loves Waffle House so much.

I had Waffle House the morning of my wedding, which of course meant that by the time of the ceremony I was frantically pinching my butt cheeks together and meat-sweating profusely. Everyone thought I was just adorably nervous about the ceremony. ;) 

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

I had Waffle House the morning of my wedding, which of course meant that by the time of the ceremony I was frantically pinching my butt cheeks together and meat-sweating profusely. Everyone thought I was just adorably nervous about the ceremony. ;) 

At least it wasn't Taco Bell.  You would have actually soiled yourself during the ceremony. :rofl:

• Haha 2

More info on the Atlanta developer (Third & Union) that has developed other factory/warehouse sites into mixed-use endeavors in other markets. They are preliminarily calling theMadison Mills site "Sylvan Supply."  Here is the project team:

• Centric Architecture: Tara Walsh
  • Gay Construction: Stewart Teegarden and Marc Clift
  • Fulmer Engineering: Jay Fulmer
  • Hodgson Douglas: Richard Jones
  • EMC Structural Engineers: Jim Barham and Richard Begin
  • Quest Design Group: Nick Perry
  • Parsons Engineering: Rodney Runions
  • PDS America: Barry Bonifay

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/12/new-developer-joins-pursuit-of-charlotte-avenue.html

Here is a video showing the interior of the structure as it sits now:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

More info on the Atlanta developer (Third & Union) that has developed other factory/warehouse sites into mixed-use endeavors in other markets. They are preliminarily calling theMadison Mills site "Sylvan Supply."  Here is the project team:

• Centric Architecture: Tara Walsh
  • Gay Construction: Stewart Teegarden and Marc Clift
  • Fulmer Engineering: Jay Fulmer
  •  Hodgson Douglas: Richard Jones
  • EMC Structural Engineers: Jim Barham and Richard Begin
  • Quest Design Group: Nick Perry
  • Parsons Engineering: Rodney Runions
  • PDS America: Barry Bonifay

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/12/new-developer-joins-pursuit-of-charlotte-avenue.html

Here is a video showing the interior of the structure as it sits now:

Is there any news around dates? 

William Williams has more on the TownePlace Suites on the 3-parcel tract 1414, 1502 & 1508 Charlotte, next to a planned Waffle House. 
https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21022075/work-to-start-by-years-end-on-midtown-hotel
11 floors and 161 suites, by 3H of Chattanooga. 
TownePlace_art.5b993285792d5.jpg&key=1f16c0168e7fc6397ec6531a6c1ad972ac39dbe1e1c5cefdaf92d4dde26539d6

Someday we are going to regret all these giant above grade parking structures.
  • Like 3