Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

TriStar Centennial Medical Center officials have applied for a permit related to their eight-story parking garage at the Midtown parcel  at 311 23rd Ave. North on which the Lentz Pubic Health Center once operated.

The parking garage will rise about 105 feet at its tallest point and cover 900,000 square feet, making it one of the city’s largest such facilities. It will offer 2,280 parking spaces and feature a pedestrian bridge that will span Patterson Street and connect to the second floor of TriStar Centennial’s central tower and atrium garden court, according to a release.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21011650/developer-seeks-permit-for-gulch-hotel

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 10.01.43 AM.png

• Like 3

On 6/18/2018 at 10:54 PM, KJHburg said:

^^Crate and Barrel now like locations freestanding near malls.  The one in Charlotte is outside the mall in its own freestanding building and the one in Durham is the open air portion of a mall but outside visibility.  The moved their store in Atlanta to outside the mall too.  So that is probably the issue with the Green Hills area finding the right spot and that would be the right area in my mind. 

They've done the same in the DC metro area as well.  Their store in Tyson's Corner, which has been there for several years now is a freestanding store with own garage and cafe across the street from the Tyson's Corner Mall.  There's also a C&B Outlet Store in Old Town Alexandria that is free standing .  The C&B store in Annapolis is attached to the mall, but it's designed to look like a stand alone store.  If they ever tear the mall down, C&B could easily remain.  The same with the Towson, MD location, though the mall isn't that large, so it'sprobably a good bet that nothing will change there.  I suspect their model is to be free standing and or semi-attached so that they aren't bound by the future of mall fluctuations.  

I'm surprised that there's not at least a C&B Outlet Store in Nashville.  The Village would be a great area for a C&B Outlet Store.  I'm also surprised that they've not considered Nashville for a CB2 Store.  The CB2 Stores tend to lean towards a younger demographic and or condo/apartment dwellers.  They even do well with college students, at least those who can afford them and are too uppity for IKEA... LOL!!!

Edited by PillowTalk4

Does anyone live in one of these new townhome developments we see pop up around town? Or maybe just been in one? I have wondered what the construction quality was like on these. They are popping up so fast that it makes me wonder if they will be a good long term investment. Some of these I would love to live in, but I just have my doubts with the standards being used. Even some of the apartment buildings look to be using materials that are on the lower end. 

For buyers, how would someone know that what they are buying is good? Just trust the real estate agent?

Edited by bigeasy

Sky Nashville in Sylvan Heights is finally going to get underway in October on the 4.75 acre site at the top of Howard's Hill overlooking the interchange of I-440 and I-40 near Charlotte Ave.  It will feature two buildings 6 story with a total of 114 condos, as well as 29 free standing single family homes and a garage with 200 parking spaces.

The hodgepodge (and rather hideous) design is below.

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21013777/fall-groundbreaking-eyed-for-sky-nashville

Sky Nashville, July 16, 2018, render 1.png

Sky Nashville, July 16, 2018, render 2.png

The location is the teal plot in the center of this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map:

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 8.11.38 AM.png

• Like 2

I just tried looking at this project on the architects website and had no luck, their website is very glitchy. That being said, looking at some of their other works, they tend to work more so on the single family/townhome style buildings. I will say though, most people are complaining about the boring repeated style of buildings here in the city, this is at least taking a stab at changing up the monotony. Does anyone know what this site looks like from the highway interchange, could this end up being quite the iconic buidling for the city.

“I don’t know why people hire architects and then tell them what to do.” – Frank Gehry

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Does anyone know what this site looks like from the highway interchange, could this end up being quite the iconic building for the city.

From a distance it may be noticeable, but from within a quarter mile probably won't be able to see it because of the carved cliff and tree line at the top that surrounds it. 

• Thanks 1

A couple updates on residential projects along Oceola Ave.

Oceola Townhomes (3 stories, 4 units).  First building topped-out. Looking SE from Oceola, 1/2 block north of Demoss Rd: 

Oceola Townhomes, July 7, 2018.jpg

122 Oceola (3 stories, 8 units).  Nearly all topped out.  Looking SE from intersection ofOceola Ave. and Maudina Ave:

122 Oceola Townhomes, July 7, 2018.jpg

• Like 2

I am currently working to identify all of the projects in the McKissack Park area. There are a number that started that did not hit the media and trying to find out all I can. Most all of the projects are on the Development map and if there is info missing, I am working on it, but if anyone knows anything, please PM me.