Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The deal for Madison Mill has been finalized:

Newly filed public records show that Atlanta's Third & Urban and FCP, which is based outside Washington, D.C., paid $12.5 million on Sept. 18 for the property at 4101 Charlotte Ave. The 7.1-acre site was formerly home to Madison Mill Inc., which relocated a few years ago to Ashland City.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/19/developers-corral-funding-to-revitalize-urban.html

• Like 2

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

The deal for Madison Mill has been finalized:

Newly filed public records show that Atlanta's Third & Urban and FCP, which is based outside Washington, D.C., paid $12.5 million on Sept. 18 for the property at 4101 Charlotte Ave. The 7.1-acre site was formerly home to Madison Mill Inc., which relocated a few years ago to Ashland City.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/19/developers-corral-funding-to-revitalize-urban.html

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21021980/charlotte-avenue-industrial-site-eyed-for-update

Story not behind a pay wall 

• Like 2

It's too bad they couldn't include some residential density. I worry a bit that the Charlotte corridor around there is a little oversaturated with restaurant/retail for not having much foot traffic. Already recently Flipburger, Beer Pale, and Salt & Vine have closed, plus Bajo Sexto a bit futher down. Farmburger and the juice place never seem to be a healthy amount of busy either and the older buildings across from Richland Park are half empty. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Much of these recomendations are pretty silly if you ask me. You need higher density in these areas along the main corridors.

Perhaps we could create a 30-minute presentation demonstrating silly height restrictions and other ways to make Nashville more walkable and livable.  We could invite a council member or two to each meet-up, go through the presentation, and leave time for Q&A (CM asks the questions, we give the answers). 

[Moving this to the new ideas thread.]

Edited by Mr_Bond
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, GregH said:

It's too bad they couldn't include some residential density. I worry a bit that the Charlotte corridor around there is a little oversaturated with restaurant/retail for not having much foot traffic. Already recently Flipburger, Beer Pale, and Salt & Vine have closed, plus Bajo Sexto a bit futher down. Farmburger and the juice place never seem to be a healthy amount of busy either and the older buildings across from Richland Park are half empty. 

Farmburger is always busy when I’m there. Great burgers....

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, GregH said:

I like them too, they just always seem half full when I jog by in the evenings while Double Dogs, Five Points, and M.L. Rose are slammed. Maybe they do a brisk lunch business.

The burger I had there two weeks ago was outstanding, and I'm a Nashville Scene Burger Week fanatic.  Can't wait to go back and continue eating my way through the menu, though not like Fat Earl in "Diner."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregH said:

I like them too, they just always seem half full when I jog by in the evenings while Double Dogs, Five Points, and M.L. Rose are slammed. Maybe they do a brisk lunch business.

According to the manager, Double Dogs on Charlotte Ave sold more draft beer (only offer draft beer) than any other bar in Nashville besides Acme Feed and Seed last year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andrew_3289 said:

According to the manager, Double Dogs on Charlotte Ave sold more draft beer (only offer draft beer) than any other bar in Nashville besides Acme Feed and Seed last year. 

I’ve only been to the one in Hillsboro village, but the buffalo chicken Mac and cheese is awesome. Goes perfectly with copious amounts of draft beer. 

• Like 1

A 5 story,  44,000 sq. ft. medical office building with 3 levels of parking will be built by Anchor Health Properties on 20th Ave. North, just south of Charlotte Ave.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21025725/midtown-site-eyed-for-medical-office-building

1282842911_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_18_35PM.png.105db26c504e931507335aa225062c5f.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site in teal at the center of the frame:

743792489_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_19_39PM.thumb.png.ce0406b17d303213c9092546ee4e3bed.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

A 5 story,  44,000 sq. ft. medical office building with 3 levels of parking will be built by Anchor Health Properties on 20th Ave. North, just south of Charlotte Ave.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21025725/midtown-site-eyed-for-medical-office-building

1282842911_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_18_35PM.png.105db26c504e931507335aa225062c5f.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site in teal at the center of the frame:

743792489_ScreenShot2018-10-04at5_19_39PM.thumb.png.ce0406b17d303213c9092546ee4e3bed.png

Is the area in the center of the building with the red brick part of the parking structure? If so they’ve done a good job of hiding it. This seems like it could be converted from parking structure to more office space if the demand for parking ebbs and the demand for office space rises. They wouldn’t have to do much work on the exterior, from the look of it. 

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yes, it will have 3 levels of parking and two levels of office. Agree that this is not a great looking building , however that is a good design for the parking.

I mean, for that area it’s not too bad. That part of town isn’t especially known for smashing architecture. It’ll be dominated by an 8 story, multiple-thousand-spot parking garage in a few years, after all ;)