Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

9 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Interesting! 

So did RH build their store to look like the future style of the mall, or is that a corporate design?  If the mall goes in that direction, it could well make it one of the coolest shopping centers in the country. And perhaps put it out of my price range. 

It is a corporate design. They have built several similar stores.

I would wish the rest of the mall could be this nice. In walking the rest of the mall yesterday, there are a lot of empty storefronts. Some, like Apple, are remodeling. The new Apple will be huge, but for now is leaving a large blank area in the Mall’s Nordstrom courtyard. Brooks Brothers is also closed for a downsizing/remodel, until next spring. They relocated to a minuscule temp. space. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Don't know about you guys, but I think I'd rather have one of those instead of a Crate and Barrel. Don't know why C&B still has not come to GH, but they're going to miss out. 

I know that C&B looked at Green Hills (years ago) but the location and timing never worked out. I'd like them too, but not sure where they fit at this point. RH may also have been granted some lease concessions to prevent their ever coming to the actual mall. 

^^Crate and Barrel now like locations freestanding near malls.  The one in Charlotte is outside the mall in its own freestanding building and the one in Durham is the open air portion of a mall but outside visibility.  The moved their store in Atlanta to outside the mall too.  So that is probably the issue with the Green Hills area finding the right spot and that would be the right area in my mind. 

• Like 2

John Eldridge of E3 Construction Services continues to be one busy little beaver in the McKissack Park area.   Today he announced The View at City Heights will be located at 2805 Delaware Ave. on .7 acres and will have 4 stories and 16 high-end townhomes.  It will break ground by August. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/article/21010638/developer-unveils-latest-project-for-mckissack-park

The View at City Heights, June 22, 2018, render 1.png

The View at City Heights, June 22, 2018, render 2.png

The View at City Heights, June 22, 2018, map 1.png

The View at City Heights, June 22, 2018, map 2.png

Silo Bend development to expand with two additional residential buildings. 

This marks the start of Phase 2 of Silo Bend; Silo Park with 49 cottages & townhomes and Silo House (pictured) with 103 condominiums. Phase 1 has 193 apartments in Silo Flats. Additionally, Silo Studios is planned for a former 70,000 s.f. lumber mill building to contain creative space. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21011218/silo-bend-slated-for-two-residential-projects

Silo House

main_entry.5b33b595656c9.jpg

Silo House

aerial.5b33b5a31d62d.jpg

Silo House

Screen_Shot_2018_06_27_at_11.05.35_AM.5b33b5ded8f0f.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018_06_27_at_10.23.36_AM.5b33ad94a119c.jpg

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

And in Bellevue, groundbreaking today at 2:00 cdt for the new ice rink at Bellevue Place... https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/sports-business/blog/21011141/groundbreaking-set-for-bellevue-skating-facility

Metro will pay as much as $30 million for the 120,000-square-foot facility, which will include a community center and two ice rinks. It also will be home to a second Scott Hamilton Skating Academy (the first is at Ford Ice Center).

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

A few weeks ago I posted pics of construction work going on at 2511 Clifton Ave. It is going to be called Endeavor at City Heights, and will be 3 stories tall with 24 units, as well as 7 three story townhomes. It is being developed by Place Development Corp, and should be complete by first quarter of 2019.

Other participants in Endeavor at City Heights include general contractor Avenue Construction, Fulmer Engineering, architect rootArch, interior designer Shonna Sexton Studio and BancorpSouth for financing.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21011616/image-released-for-mckissack-park-residential-project

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 2.30.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 2.31.46 PM.png

• Like 2