Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

The five parcel, .7 acre site at 3211 Charlotte Ave. that includes Ewing Bass Garage is up for sale for $3.5 million.  It is a prime location, hugging the I-440 to the east.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21019726/sylvan-heights-commercial-site-listed-for-35m

3211 Charlotte Ave., map.png

3211 Charlotte Ave., site.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

The five parcel, .7 acre site at 3211 Charlotte Ave. that includes Ewing Bass Garage is up for sale for $3.5 million.  It is a prime location, hugging the I-440 to the east.  

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21019726/sylvan-heights-commercial-site-listed-for-35m

3211 Charlotte Ave., map.png

3211 Charlotte Ave., site.png

What would we speculate would go on this site? I find it remarkable that there is fairly dense residential right up against this highway, but I would be really intrigued if a good design could take advantage of the views of downtown while providing some isolation in terms of noise and separation for the actual living units. My other guess would be townhomes with blank walls or high windows that look toward downtown, but over the the highway.

Renovation on Building 3 of the HCA Corporate Campus to Begin October 1.

The next phase in the multi-year project to update the HCA corporate campus (Park Plaza) continues with the renovation of Building 3 beginning October 1st.   As with Buildings 1, 2, and 4, the renovation of Building 3 will refresh the look and functionality of work and meeting spaces.  Modifications to the exterior will add more windows along Park Plaza and the east side of the building, allowing increased natural light inside the building.  The main east side entrance will be updated to include a new canopy for coverage while awaiting shuttle pick up.  The changes to the building exterior will require the removal of existing trees and shrubs along Park Plaza.   New plantings will be added when construction is complete.

HCA FacilitiGroup - Corporate Facility Management

8-30.jpg

• Like 1

The .24 acre lot at 5507-5511 Centennial Blvd. (directly south across the street from the new Silo Band development) in TheNations is up for sale at $1.5 million. It is currently home to a 2,120 sq. ft. cinder block building that houses H&H Market.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21020146/market-property-in-the-nations-listed-for-15m

5507-5511 Centennial Blvd, Aug 30, 2018, site 1.png

5507-5511 Centennial Blvd, Aug 30, 2018, site 2.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

Grading being done at SE corner of 28th Ave. North and Charlotte Ave.  Probably more surface parking for HCA.  Hopefully something much more substantial will be here eventually---especially as the OneC1TY continues to fill out directly to the west.

You are correct, more surface parking for the Centennial Hospital employees. That is where they are parking and being shuttled over while the new garage is being built next to the hospital. 

Corsair Distillery Owner Darek Bell announced Tuesday he will use his recently purchased warehouse in The Nations to expand his Davidson County operations, a move expected to yield 52 jobs and represent an investment of $11.1 million.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21020726/corsair-to-establish-major-operations-in-the-nations

• Like 3

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Corsair Distillery Owner Darek Bell announced Tuesday he will use his recently purchased warehouse in The Nations to expand his Davidson County operations, a move expected to yield 52 jobs and represent an investment of $11.1 million.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21020726/corsair-to-establish-major-operations-in-the-nations

article behind the paywall... 

Image result for sad gif

• Haha 2

I would like to hear what the Green Hills opponents think about the new Southern Land tower in Green Hills now. I think it has turned out fabulously, and it doesn't even feel like a high rise when viewed from Hillsboro.  The setback really achieved its desired effect of moving the height away from Hillsboro and embracing a human scaled, pedestrian friendly development.  Every time I drive by, I am impressed by how well it has turned out.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 4

From Nashville Post...  https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21021438/nationsarea-project-lands-key-permit

Called 2AVES, the residences will be located at Vernon and James avenues in Charlotte Park just west of The Nations. The address is 685 Vernon Ave.

2AVES (pictured) will offer 58 two- and three-bedroom, semi-custom townhomes that can be finished according to buyers’ preferences.

2AVES.png

• Like 2