Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

A 3-story, 39,000 sq. ft. medical office building is planned for the 1.5 acre triangular site at 500 28th Ave. North.  Currently there is a vacant metal warehouse and open land on the plot. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21031200/medical-office-building-eyed-for-midtownarea-site

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 11.00.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 11.02.14 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the triangular site in teal listed as Oral Surgical Institute at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 11.06.30 AM.png

• Like 1

Hathorn will be a new fine dining restaurant at 4708 Charlotte Ave. in the former fellowship hall of the United Methodist Church on that site.  The other half of the building is the recently opened Clementine Hall (special events center).  The structure was originally erected in 1947.  Total capacity will be 84, plus an outdoor patio for 40.

More at The Scene here:

https://www.nashvillescene.com/food-drink/bites/article/21031347/chef-john-stephenson-prepares-to-open-hathorne-on-charlotte

• Like 2

Elmington Capital is buying the 4.34 acre site at 1200 49th Ave. North in The Nations with the hope of building 55 free-standing homes.  The site is just to the SE of Stocking 51 across Centennial Blvd. It is currently the home to Jackson Masonry, which is relocating to a more rural location.  No price has been revealed.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21031677/large-property-in-the-nations-under-contract

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 11.52.22 AM.png

• Like 3

A 10 unit townhome development is being planned by Nick Spiva at 420 38th Ave. North,  2 blocks north of Charlotte Ave., and hugging I-40 to the north. A nondescript 1 story cinder block building would need to be razed. No rendering has been released yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21031886/north-gulch-building-to-be-razed

420 38th Ave North Townhomes, Nov 12, 2018, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site listed as 420 38th Ave. North in teal at the center of the frame:

420 38th Ave North Townhomes, Nov 12, 2018, site map.png

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mike G said:

One of the key features the brokers are pushing is the easy access under I-40 to Charlotte via a sidewalk. The sidewalk does exist- but it is only clear from the north end. The south end dumps out into an overgrown mess of a footpath behind the old Lions building the state is selling. I wish the Novatech people had continued the sidewalk along their property and the railroad track- it would improve connectivity in that area (right by my house) a lot!

I'm surprised that CSX allowed, or is continuing to allow, a sidewalk that close to their track. Surely they would push back against it being upgraded.

• Like 1

Metro Council OK's the land rezoning that will allow Monroe Harding foster care to sell it's 20 acre campus at 1120 Glendale Lane for a 31 home development. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/11/21/nashville-council-takes-action-finalize-monroe-harding-campus-sale/2076824002/

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Metro Council OK's the land rezoning that will allow Monroe Harding foster care to sell it's 20 acre campus at 1120 Glendale Lane for a 31 home development. 

Thanks for sharing, @markhollin.  I know this vote was difficult for many people but seems to be best for all involved.

• Like 1

I was home for thanksgiving, and I did a drive down Charlotte Ave from 46th street to downtown, and was pretty disappointed. 

Charlotte Ave was called Nashville’s “Last Frontier” about 8 years ago. As I made my drive yesterday, I saw way too many suburban style fast food restaurants etc. 

with all the meaningful talk about Nashville’s affordability crisis, I was hoping to see a lot more density with multi family apartments and hotels. 

The good news is there is a lot of room for improvement / potential. What is holding Charlotte Ave back? Is it zoning? 

Everyone on that corridor saw dollar signs and the land prices went out of reach and a lot of that land is still for sale like The Bros Restaurant building. You also have two clueless council people that fight pretty much anything proposed on the stretch of road past 440, so thats what we get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

New stores at Mall of Green Hills. From The Tennessean... https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/11/28/nashville-mall-green-hills-adds-journeys-peloton-untuckit/2138869002/

North Italia

Lolli & Pops

Journeys

Peloton

Untuckit 

Other tenant openings this year at The Mall at Green Hills have included Altar’d State, Indochino, Johnny Was, RH Gallery, Sundance and an expanded Apple store.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

New stores at Mall of Green Hills. From The Tennessean... https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/11/28/nashville-mall-green-hills-adds-journeys-peloton-untuckit/2138869002/

North Italia

Lolli & Pops

Journeys

Peloton

Untuckit 

Other tenant openings this year at The Mall at Green Hills have included Altar’d State, Indochino, Johnny Was, RH Gallery, Sundance and an expanded Apple store.

Pretty underwhelming.

Yes. Likewise, I find the mix of stores at what should be the city's "premier" shopping destination be disappointing. So is the reason Taubman has not made any grand announcements for any new anchor(s) due to difficulty marketing MAGH to the top tier retailers? Or just general market pullback?  Yes, online sales have taken a bite out of B&M retailers, but much less so for premium brands. And ostensibly, the mall management appears to be making an attempt to create a critical mass of restaurants as the draw to shoppers.  I must confess I've never been inside a North Italia, but have seen them at upper-end shopping centers. Saw one at Legacy West in Plano last spring. This one at MAGH makes me wonder how Carrabbas feels about another Italian spot moving in on their turf. 

Regarding the mall, I've heard that there are several big names the mall will be announcing as construction proceeds. With nothing really opening until late summer/fall of next year they will spool out the names as long as possible, generally until building permits start being pulled. I also suspect there will be some relocations of existing tenants as they shrink/grow or make way for new tenants not excited about being in the "Dillard's" end of the mall. 

I also wonder if we will finally see some better better development on Bandywood. There is a lot of potential as a walkable venue between Hill Place and the Mall. Some big retailers don't necessarily want to be in a mall anymore (like Pottery Barn). If the right developer could combine some of the smaller properties there is potential. I still remember (dimly) when Bandywood was mostly houses converted to shops.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

RevPAR Development has paid $5.5 million for the .9 acre site at 3818 Bedford Ave. (a few blocks west of Green Hills Mall) from Ed Ewing, who had previously announced a 4 story, 135 room Hyatt brand hotel.  Pete Patel of RevPAR, also specializes in hotel development of hotels in 7 other states. He hopes to make an announcement within a week on his plans for the lot.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/12/11/hotel-developer-snags-land-in-affluent-nashville.html

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 7.55.00 AM.png

• Like 2

Elmington Capital Group has purchased the the building at 1211 57th Ave. North from Miken Development, with plans to update the 2 story, 18,600 sq. ft. structure.  Miken continues to hold the back end of the lot for a townhome development.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21037180/building-in-the-nations-sells-for-21m

Screen Shot 2018-12-14 at 3.43.32 PM.png

• Like 4

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 8:41 AM, opendrawerwhore said:

Seems like it would be more cost effective to just build a new school somewhere else?

Problem is that Metro has been following this philosophy and now has a bunch of schools out in the hinterlands where land is cheap. They can only sell off properties to fund budget shortfalls for so long, and every time they do they send their students on longer and longer commutes.

• Like 4