Davidson West: Bellevue, Bordeaux, Green Hills, MetroCenter, Nations, N Nashville

smeagolsfree

This is a pretty impressive expansion. Can anyone explain to me funding for school projects this to me? I have been working on another project about 90 minutes south of the city and am curious how Hillsboro can get a large reno like this on valuable land, but the client I am working with cannot. Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

This is a pretty impressive expansion. Can anyone explain to me funding for school projects this to me? I have been working on another project about 90 minutes south of the city and am curious how Hillsboro can get a large reno like this on valuable land, but the client I am working with cannot. Thanks in advance

Not sure what you mean.      MNPS has a budget that is included in the overall city budget proposed by the Mayor's office and approved by Council.   Every year the MNPS budget includes a number of capital improvement projects for maintenance, renovation or new construction of facilities.      The needs list for capital projects county-wide far exceeds the amount of funding available from budget to budget, so MNPS has a continual backlog of projects that have been in the queue for years.       The decision on which projects to include in a budget year is made on a needs/priority basis determined by MNPS and the School Board.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

Not sure what you mean.      MNPS has a budget that is included in the overall city budget proposed by the Mayor's office and approved by Council.   Every year the MNPS budget includes a number of capital improvement projects for maintenance, renovation or new construction of facilities.      The needs list for capital projects county-wide far exceeds the amount of funding available from budget to budget, so MNPS has a continual backlog of projects that have been in the queue for years.       The decision on which projects to include in a budget year is made on a needs/priority basis determined by MNPS and the School Board.    

Makes sense. My question was more of a vague question in terms of how these projects are funded. What I experienced in MA is very different from here where the state had a design/construction authority that would fund tax-payer dollars into school systems state wide and the state would cover up to 50% of construction costs. Hence they recently set a state record for a high school at around $250 million

On 7/20/2018 at 8:02 AM, markhollin said:

Images of Preds Ice Center in Bellevue finally released. August 2019 finish is slated for the structure that will include two ice sheets, and a community center.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/07/20/first-look-sneak-a-peek-at-the-preds-ice-center-in.html?ana=e_me_set1&s=newsletter&ed=2018-07-20&u=blTR7Dj233GiBQ74JyYK0Q09b4ecfd&t=1532091347&j=82810981

This is a stupid detail that probably nobody but me cares about but they should change the layout of the parking lot so that the driveways point towards the building. Playing hockey requires hauling around a giant bag of stuff and the layout in that render would require you to walk around or through all the parked cars to get to the entrance. Basically every grocery and big box store has figured this out but they got it wrong at Ford Ice in Antioch and it annoys me that they're going to do it again.

• Like 1

Even more activity in McKissack Park/City Heights: 27th Avenue Townhomes will be the name of a set of five 3-story buildings with 29 units at 511 27th Ave. North on 1.45 acres in McKissack Park. 6 of the units will be workforce housing.  It is being undertaken by Red Seal Homes, which has several other developments in the works around town.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21014813/chicago-developer-eyes-mckissack-park-townhomes

27th Ave Townhomes, July 24, 2018, render 1.png

27th Ave Townhomes, July 24, 2018, render 2.png

27th Ave Townhomes, July 24, 2018, site 1.png

27th Ave Townhomes, July 24, 2018, site 2.png

TriStar Centennial Hospital expansion (4 stories on top of existing 8) complete and just about to open.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/07/25/tristar-set-to-open-96-million-jointreplacement.html

Looking SW from intersection of 23rd Ave. North and Leslie Ave:

TriStar Centennial expansion, July 24, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Patterson St. and 23rd Ave. North:

TriStar Centennial expansion, July 24, 2018, 2.jpg

• Like 4

The owners of the 1.92 acre site at 405 40th Ave. North (1/2 block north of Charlotte Ave. near Sylvan Station), is going to be rezoned to allow hotel, office, medical, as well as residential/commercial (as it is now).  The sale price is reportedly still in the $4.75 million range.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21015202/rezoning-sought-for-west-side-property-for-sale

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.29.38 AM.png

• Like 4

The 4.34 acre site at 1200 49th Ave. North in The Nations which is currently home to Jackson Masonry, is up for sale at an undisclosed price. It is quite close to Stocking 51 and well suited for residential and mixed-use.  Would need to be rezoned for those, however. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21015802/large-property-in-the-nations-listed-for-sale

1200_49th.5b608b9ac3590.jpg

• Like 3

This is basically old news , a rehash of an older NBJ story. The only new news is that water sewer availability permits were pulled.....but later un-pulled. They have not closed on the land and have had a number of deadlines pass from what I hear. There are also several hundred apartments under construction within a half mile. I think the market over there is sort of overbuilt for the time being.

• Sad 1

The Shake Shack will open at the 4,000 sq. ft. corner space at 4031 Hillsboro Pike in the Hill Center Green Hills this Thursday.  The restaurant has capacity to seat about 200 people, including a large outdoor patio. Customers can play foosball and shuffleboard in the bright, open space.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/08/21/shake-shack-nashville-green-hills/1021247002/

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.50.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.50.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.51.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.51.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.51.52 AM.png

• Like 3

Lol I saw two guys get into a verbal shouting match over a table one of them thought he had claimed at a very busy Shake Shack in the Manhattan Financial District a couple of years ago, ever since then I’ve categorized Shake Shack as “Aggressive Fast-Casual Dining.” 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Lol I love them having a grand opening like a year and a half after it opened. I’m going to have a housewarming party this coming February for a house I bought in October 2017. 

• Like 3