Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Demo permit pulled for 825 6TH AVE S. I think is right in the path of the Division St extension. . . 

Either that or it has to do with Carpet Barn or whatever that business is named.  I thought that last year or so, they were going to sell out for some re-development, but I could just be imagining it.

-==-

I've watched that ole business for a while.  From what I have seen it is a one man show who works about 30 hours a week.  Hopefully that entire block gets developed.  

This is next to the 1703 Rosa Parks lot that has been for sale for 2.5 yrs

The investor owns the parcel adjacent at 1715, according to the Tennessean version of the story.   There's a house in between all of this that's also for sale. it would be a substantive chunk of land if it was all combined under one owner.  

The investor owns the parcel adjacent at 1715, according to the Tennessean version of the story.   There's a house in between all of this that's also for sale. it would be a substantive chunk of land if it was all combined under one owner.  

The condemned house with the people that live outside in the tent, gotta love it.

• Like 1

Demo permit pulled for 825 6TH AVE S. I think is right in the path of the Division St extension. . . 

I think this is to demo the concrete parking deck on the Ash St. side.   That was happening today.    The widening of Ash will apparently include the portion of the property occupied by the parking deck.   Not sure if they're going to take down just the deck or the entire warehouse building.     

The building at the dead end of Ewing St. is also being demo'd as we speak.    It's directly in the path of the Division RR overpass.   

At least TN Brew Works will be spared! 

• Like 2

Has anyone heard of a proposed hotel to take the Broadway side of Bridgestone Arena?  It would remove the tower and the area going up Broadway that is basically a blank wall of billboards and houses meeting rooms and offices.  It would be a narrow linear type building facing Broadway????  Definitely a rumor but from a fairly reliable source regarding at a minimum discussions.  The plus is that the city owns and controls the land and they feel it could be done to add to the needed rooms for the Music City Center.

Has anyone heard of a proposed hotel to take the Broadway side of Bridgestone Arena?  It would remove the tower and the area going up Broadway that is basically a blank wall of billboards and houses meeting rooms and offices.  It would be a narrow linear type building facing Broadway????  Definitely a rumor but from a fairly reliable source regarding at a minimum discussions.  The plus is that the city owns and controls the land and they feel it could be done to add to the needed rooms for the Music City Center.

No! They are not removing a 240 foot tower. The cost of that would exceed $50,000,000. That stretch of Broadway is not zoned for a hotel, and the Bridgestone Arena would have to relocate offices. 

Sorry, but whatever rumor you heard, it's beyond ridiculous. I have not heard of such a thing. That tower is part of the arena's design and it is not going anywhere.

• Like 1

I know nothing one way or the other and im not a fan of that blank wall either, but it seems like an odd choice to squeeze a hotel on to that sliver of land, when there is so much empty land nearby, especially when it would probably seriously disrupt activities at the arena and eliminate a fairly cool looking and unique (imo) local landmark. Nashville isn't exactly hard up for usable space.

good.  Now need to get Cumberland Machine Co to move, they are also a pain in the ass, re: parking at 312

Cumberland Machine has been in the neighborhood a lot longer than 312. Its 312's problem they did not secure any parking before opening. Cumberland does not owe 312 any parking in its lot any more than Germantown Cafe owes Tempur (same owners as 312) parking in their lot.