Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Thanks HG - we had a per market offer at ask with a home sale contingecy. Once the buyer finally sold her condo and was able to proceed with the sale, we got a lowball appraisal. She didn't want to do another one so we put it back on the market and had a cash offer of 243k before we even made it to the next weekend.

We've got two more up coming renovations and two new constructions on this side of the interstate. 3/2 Bungalow 1609 22nd Ave N will be ready in 2-3 weeks and will list at 235k. 1850 square feet. The others will follow later in the spring and in summer.

• Like 1

What are your thoughts on that neighborhood overall? My wife and I live at 5th & Main and are looking to move to a house somewhere around East Nashville, but are also considering other areas in close proximity to downtown. The prices are obviously appealing in that corner of the city, but we don't know anything about the area otherwise.

Elizabeth Park is similar to McFerrin Park or Cleveland Park circa 2007-2008. Very early stages of revitalization - but there's considerable activity right now. Builders are moving in and renovations have been going on for about 18 months. And of course, there's lots going on on Buchanan because of one investor who believes in the neighborhood.

If you want a Realtor who knows the area (because I've lived here for 18 months) to drive you around - PM me your info and we'll make it happen.

• Like 1

Should let Ron answer, but I deduced from his link to the old thread and the post of Adam Goldberg's yuppie playground & work space project as he has proposed in Atlanta, and is rumored to build in Nashville.  Ron points to an old NBJ article from last summer to put the pieces together.  If I understood his link, then he is speculating that the Goldberg/Wilka project will go up at 504 Fifth Avenue South. 

I may be mistaken but I don't believe the Atlanta project and the Nashville project are related - they are being proposed by different people.  

The Southernaire specialty market to open downtown

http://www.tennessean.com/story/life/food/2015/03/11/southernaire-specialty-market-open-downtown/70175208/

The Southernaire expands downtown Nashville's limited grocery options, which also includes H.G. Hill Urban Market at 415 Church St. and The Turnip Truck Urban Fare at 321 12th Ave. S. Both small markets, H.G. Hill sells staple grocery items, fresh produce and household needs, while The Turnip Truck offers prepared meals, a salad bar and organic, all-natural foods and products.

Morales said his market is intended to fill a particular niche — shoppers looking for a quick, convenient place to buy artisanal goods —and it's not meant for large grocery hauls.

3/12 permit reports mention types of businesses that will occupy the old Jones Super Saver Grocery building on Buchanan that is currently being renovated:  A Furniture/Home decor store, a shoe store, an apparel store, and a home decor/textiles store.  Addresses are 904 Buchanan and 1805 9th Ave n.  

• Like 1

Two more sales on Monroe this month, spoke with buy-side agents, both of these will be tear downs + new construction.

T3SBIEb.jpg

1035 is kind of a cool duplex, but not really a big loss.  Super glad to see that other eyesore at 1024 going away!

1035 is kind of a cool duplex, but not really a big loss.  Super glad to see that other eyesore at 1024 going away!

How do you know that 1024 is going away? That style of multi plex is an eye sore, but at the price it sold at I wouldn't bet that it is slated for immediate tear down.