Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

When is the exterior renovation supposed to begin?

Perhaps someone else can step in and answer, but I do know that I have had to walk through scaffolding on the Deaderick Street side, since the first of the Month.   They also have had (or had had) the SW Plaza yellow-tapped off for a while now, probably for surface renovation on that plaza, since it had been in bad shape.  There also has been a lot of sand residue washing down from that plaza onto the sidewalk at Union.  That sand gave me some needed grip when I had to brave the left-over ice, that Metro skipped on removal of.

-==-

Food truck court during Live on the Green...   

I've always been afraid of food trucks. All I can think about is getting food poisoned. Yuck!!!! I wish I wasn't so picky about what I put into my mouth because there's not many options for a quick and healthy lunch around my office in the AT&T building.

Edited by FromParkAveToTN

If Alliance does buy the parcel, I do not expect anything very tall. Even if they could build to 28 stories at the site, Alliance's tallest project is about 8 and that is in Austin. That's better than the auto parts dealer there now.

4 floors would put top floor residents about eye-level with I-40.   

As far as the food truck park goes, I think that the space under Shelby Street Bridge would be the prime location for such a park.

I couldn't agree more.  It's an interesting spot and it'd be a great place for a food truck park or skate park or art garden or something along those lines...have some artists paint colorful murals on the bridge supports...what a unique public space that has the potential to be!!

Lot at 1729 Rosa Parks sold, developer eyes Apartments.  http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/03/investor-buys-germantown-land-with-more-apartments.html

Article says this is Germantown, technically this is HBV.  

I've watched that ole business for a while.  From what I have seen it is a one man show who works about 30 hours a week.  Hopefully that entire block gets developed.  

This is next to the 1703 Rosa Parks lot that has been for sale for 2.5 yrs

Edited by HGMIII