Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Whenever I hear about these new "luxury" condo developments complete with fancy pools, I can't really help but roll my eyes a little. Not that there is anything wrong with having a pool as an amenity, and I'll take people moving back to the city any way I can get them, but to me it still points to the concept of urban living being nothing more than a 'cool trend' in Nashville that could fizzle out just as quickly as it arrived arrived on the scene, rather than a tangible shift in the general mentality people have towards urban living. In other words, I fear people are still just doing it because they've seen it on TV and it looks fun, rather than them actually being proponents of the many advantages that lifestyle can offer.

Edited by BnaBreaker

904 Buchanan is coming along nicely. Emil Erwin just posted on his Instagram that he's left his space in Marathon Village and will be moving over here. He's got the premier corner entrance. This is going to completely change the vibe as you come across 65 into the neighborhood.

post-29929-0-61249300-1427417482_thumb.j

post-29929-0-95276500-1427417498_thumb.j

• Like 2

$crew context. And down with grids too. Charm in a city comes from history and from a certain haphazard mix of elements that develop over time. If you tore this whole thing down and rebuilt it you'd end up with a development of uniform scale, style and general philosophy and it would be ugly, boring and arrogantly ahistorical. Give me a tangle of streets and a variety of buildings. My gut feeling is this handsome building is going to be preserved and surrounded by a lively new quadrant of DT. I'm excited about this project.

I'm excited about it too as you are probably right. They may save the warehouse too and repurpose it.

I will say though there is way more to a really great city than buildings.

904 Buchanan is coming along nicely. Emil Erwin just posted on his Instagram that he's left his space in Marathon Village and will be moving over here. He's got the premier corner entrance. This is going to completely change the vibe as you come across 65 into the neighborhood.

Wow! Quite a transformation.  It's hard to imagine that that building was the A&P store (before being sold out to Bestway) where I used to shop (when Ninth- and Tenth Avenues both crossed Buchanan to Monroe).  A&P, the little-ish Kroger at Ninth and Monroe (old Ninth), and H.G. Hill at Eighth and Jefferson had been the primary North Nashville supermarkets, all located within a mile and a half or so of each other.  That is, until another local grocer popular to the Richland Creek area, sensationalized itself on Clarksville Hywy with a brand new Cooper and Martin Supermarket (defunct since around 1975), in the (John) Early district.

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

My highly speculative and probably drastically understated take on the downtown core projects proposed for the near future.

Downtown_zpsbgotk0uy.jpg

...'parently you jumped right on it, didn't you?  This "Renaissance" of DT construction (lack of a better word, especially for Emory, ha-ha) has become fodder for honing your graphics skillset for draggin' you out of retirement (for a yet new job :rolleyes:).  It's keepin' you busy ─ make no mistake.

I just love that cute li'l ol' Paramount.

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

I enjoy your graphics, thanks. 

Regarding the towers on the LIfeway site... are those a part of any plan, or just place-markers to show the boundaries of the site?   Also, does anyone here know if there are any height restrictions in the presumptive "uptown" footprint?  Does the "Lifeway" building all the way over/up at the Capitol View fall in the "uptown" site?   BTW: I really hope they don't stick with the Uptown moniker (I think it sounds silly and provincial).  

Also, what is the "rumored" project shown on Church Street (apt/office/retail)?  And how likely is that hotel abutting Bridgestone Arena?  What is the latest on the Courthouse?  

Sorry for all the questions, they just popped into my head as I viewed your image. 

Edited by MLBrumby

Regarding the towers on the LIfeway site... are those a part of any plan, or just place-markers to show the boundaries of the site?   Also, does anyone here know if there are any height restrictions in the presumptive "uptown" footprint?  Does the "Lifeway" building all the way over/up at the Capitol View fall in the "uptown" site?   BTW: I really hope they don't stick with the Uptown moniker (I think it sounds silly and provincial).  

Also, what is the "rumored" project shown on Church Street (apt/office/retail)?  And how likely is that hotel abutting Bridgestone Arena?  What is the latest on the Courthouse?  

Sorry for all the questions, they just popped into my head as I viewed your image. 

I wish I knew what the zoning allows there, but I have no idea. I cant keep up with everything as it stand now.

Avenue bank renovation to Baggage building at Union Station.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/3/27/avenue_to_renovate_baggage_building

• Like 1

The Lifeway/Uptown site  is just pure guessing. As I added those three towers, I began to realize vastly unlimited potential for a dense and tall development. The developer also has no fear of supertall buildings as he has owned a few in his checkered career, so who knows what may happen there. I doubt there are many height restrictions. I know the Paramount received a permit for 750 ft, but that may be because that was all that was asked for.

The 8th and Church lot is based only on a comment by one of the UP posters on what a contractor told him. The Hotel is also based on UP poster comments (albeit two different people with two separate sources).

According to reports, the Courthouse is in the new Federal budget, so it looks more promising than it has in the past.

The Lifeway HQ was just placed by myself in the Capitol View development somewhat randomly.

I was just trying to present some of the latest buzz projects to give a sense of the possible/likely scope of downtown development over the next few years.

• Like 2

The more I think about someone building that hotel on the edge of Bridgestone Arena, the more I like the idea.  I'm hoping that can happen...with some possible retail lining that sidewalk.

A building there reminds me of the Times Square Renaissance Hotel, on a smaller scale. Narrow building on a angled lot with the ability to have a lounge looking directly down an iconic area of the city. Look at pictures of the R Lounge in the TS Renaissance, and something similar could be built looking toward the riverfront with a panoramic view of lower Broad.

My highly speculative and probably drastically understated take on the downtown core projects proposed for the near future.

Downtown_zpsbgotk0uy.jpg

What about the Heinse / CB Ragland building on the riverfront? May want to do some research on Capitol View where HCA is going. There are plans out there of the whole district.

Also, you need to add the Turnberry JW Marriott to that SoBro area also.

It's only 3/1 as well with no laundry room. There is almost nothing under 200k regardless of size inside the Briley/440 loop. This sold like 6k above ask.

A to the studs reno sold at Underwood and 21st for 299900 last week as well.

There's a really cool early 1900s brick home with a portico on 14th Ave N that sold for 60k and just had 150k rehab permit pulled.

I honestly think that north nashville is going to see revitalization at a much faster rate than any prior neighborhood in the city since demand for under 300k housing is so high and supply is so low. The stadium is certainly helping as well.

• Like 1

Took a ride through town tonight for the first time in a while and couldn't help but notice how dark 1212 is. Other than the occasional apartment room, it was virtually unlit and invisible. Was there supposed to be any sort of exterior lighting on this building? Maybe they're still working on it?

Many of the Gulch condos as well as Adelicia and Rhythm are bought as a second (or third or fourth) home.  Once all of 1212 is privately-owned the building may still look less than fully occupied.  Some exterior lighting would help the place look attractive at night.  I like the lights on top of Icon and recently noticed that the Batman building has multi-colored lights now. 

• Like 1