Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

This developer magnate has lost BOA Plaza to foreclosure and may lose the Prudential complex in Chicago. I'm not exactly planting crops on this and expecting it to grow and produce a yield.

That's what I was thinking while reading the article.  How can a guy who has just gone through foreclosure and maybe more foreclosures on the horizon be able to spend over $100 Million to purchase Lifeway?

No that isn't a solution.

I don't and I won't.  Pretty easy to walk 3 blocks to 312.  

That sounds like a pretty easy solution to me. You say they are being "stand offish" by booting cars that get take out, but how often could that be happening to them? Sure the car might just be there a few minutes, but multiply that a few times and they could be losing parking for their own paying customers. 

That sounds like a pretty easy solution to me. You say they are being "stand offish" by booting cars that get take out, but how often could that be happening to them? Sure the car might just be there a few minutes, but multiply that a few times and they could be losing parking for their own paying customers. 

No paying customers after they have closed....which is when I have personally witnessed cars get booted.

Post less.  

This could be pretty huge if everything falls in place.  The buyer of the Lifeway campus wants to build hotels, office, residential, retail and entertainment...and then Lifeway says it wants to build a new office for themselves downtown.  Purchase will be complete this summer if all goes well.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/03/lifeway-unveils-details-for-major-mixed-use.html

• Like 2

This could be pretty huge if everything falls in place.  The buyer of the Lifeway campus wants to build hotels, office, residential, retail and entertainment...and then Lifeway says it wants to build a new office for themselves downtown.  Purchase will be complete this summer if all goes well.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/03/lifeway-unveils-details-for-major-mixed-use.html

Wow.  That is huge.  The financial history of the potential buyer concerns me a bit, but if all goes through this would be a massive score for the city.

• Like 2

Wow.  That is huge.  The financial history of the potential buyer concerns me a bit, but if all goes through this would be a massive score for the city.

Yeah...that's the only thing that worries me.  Seems this guy may bite off more than he can chew at times.  This is certainly a "big bite."  Won't put this in the win column just yet.

• Like 1

Parking will continue to become more and more difficult in Germantown as the ballpark opens and businesses continue to open that have made no provision (or are required by codes) for their own customer parking. But, it would seem this board is not the place to hash out personal neighborhood concerns and impugn businesses for acting within their legal rights and own best interest. We are here to discuss neighborhood development, not petty neighborhood squabbles. IMHO. 

• Like 2

You just have to twist the boot at the right angle as the beer is flowing down and you're all good. Am I the only one who has seen that movie?

Jokes aside, it is a dick move but if they own the property it's there prerogative as BB would say. If they are getting into that game though Cumberland Machine Co. should move to 12th South because they would make bank!

Parking will continue to become more and more difficult in Germantown as the ballpark opens and businesses continue to open that have made no provision (or are required by codes) for their own customer parking. But, it would seem this board is not the place to hash out personal neighborhood concerns and impugn businesses for acting within their legal rights and own best interest. We are here to discuss neighborhood development, not petty neighborhood squabbles. IMHO.

Very well said. Cheers!

• Like 1