Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The Tennesean has the header wrong. It wil be 24 stories.

If you guys remember they were doing core drilling there last year and the numberoffloorsmatch what I had heard a while ago.

Here is the NBJ article.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/03/hines-ragland-team-to-develop-downtown-office.html

• Like 1

It looks like we'll know more after the MDHA meeting. This will be a very nice mixed use area in 3 years once this, Bridgestone, and Sobro are all finished. Each will have ground level retail and will join the mixed uses of Pinnacle, Schermerhorn, CMHoF, Omni, and Encore.

Absolutely beautiful video.

Now, time for my side rant:

Since when did a remote control airplane or helicopter with a video camera become a drone? I have one currently sitting at my parents house that I had when I was a kid. Thing has a 6' wingspan and a gasoline powered engine with a top speed of around 75kts. More than enough payload capacity to put a movable video camera on a gimble below the fuselage, too. A true 'drone' is something much more sophisticated than anything the vast majority of people would ever be able to afford, let alone have the training to fly. A R/C helicopter with a camera does NOT equal drone! They're not new, they've been around for decades, and watching the media have a collective freakout about it is getting super annoying. They're just a little cheaper than they once were and can take higher quality video.

DRONE:

320px-MQ-9_Reaper_in_flight_%282007%29.j

DRONE:

300px-FIRESCOUT-VUAS.jpg

Too bad that "drone" has become a matter of sensationalization and exploitation of the term.  I never even knew of this "drone" and what it looked like, until the media hyped it up a few years back and showed this Hasbro-looking RC aero-ped.  I too am a bit convicted that a true drone (other than the male bee) is more of a military-assigned unmanned flight vehicle (fixed-wing or otherwise).

I guess I have to just adjust and adapt to an entirely generalized contemporary definition of that word, which could even be a robot, if it could fly, or in the case of any kind of natural fluid medium (air or liquid), an aqua-drone.  While they're at it, they might as well distort the meaning even furher to include indentured servants as human drones, since they (tend to) respond to commands (without back-talk), even though they normally wont' fly.  This is more in line with apiary drones (bees), which don't serve much purpose other than for propagation.

As I come to "terms" with "drone", some of the technology indeed can be quite stimulating and fascinating, particularly the Hummingbird:

Nano Hummingbird

Nano_Air_Vehicle_Hummingburd_zpsdo0ooa8c

-==-

• Like 1

It looks like we'll know more after the MDHA meeting. This will be a very nice mixed use area in 3 years once this, Bridgestone, and Sobro are all finished. Each will have ground level retail and will join the mixed uses of Pinnacle, Schermerhorn, CMHoF, Omni, and Encore.

And of course the park as "front yard".  I can envision that whole section of downtown really bustling on beautiful afternoons. If anything, there could be a dearth of restaurants along those four streets if several aren't opened in the retail spaces in those new towers.

Unfortunately, if the reviews of the restaurant are to be believed, much of the blame for the loss of the building could be placed on the restaurant itself: looks like it's been pretty terrible for a long, long time. If this was a beloved institution that still served top-notch food and didn't crap on their customers, the odds are you'd have a bit of an uproar it its loss.

As it is though, it's only us historical and architecture buffs that are annoyed by it.

• Like 1

It is a shame especially since (as I've learned recently) that area was a big stockyard for the packing plants nearby, which I'm sure wasn't considered "downtown" in the early part of last century. The thing is that this building and a few others are the only existing reminders of that area's history. I probably wouldn't know about that whole part of Nashville's history without asking "Why is this place called the Stockyard"?   Apparently, the developers have every right to demolish it, but seems to me that it would make a great "repurpose".  Then again, I don't know the economics behind it. A shame, indeed.

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

Anyone calculated height on this yet?  I know offices are a bit taller per floor than hotels...so this should probably top 300', right?

300' sounds about right. Evidently, it will be plenty tall, such that a lot of residents in SoBro will no longer have views of the Cumberland.

With SoBro, Bridgestone, Hines/Hayes tower, potentially the Ohio apartment group on 3rd Ave, City Lights, etc in the works...what infrastructure improvements are needed in this area of town??? As William wrote about yesterday in the Post, lower SoBro is primed for development as well.

I would assume all of this will spur more residential/retail in the years to come...and it would be wise to get out ahead of this future investment/development

I've been to the Stockyard x4 for dinners with large parties.  The 2nd visit they added on 2 extra appetizers, the last visit they added on several beers & mixed drinks, won't go back.  Have since had my steak dinners at "Kanye" Prime.

• Like 1

With SoBro, Bridgestone, Hines/Hayes tower, potentially the Ohio apartment group on 3rd Ave, City Lights, etc in the works...what infrastructure improvements are needed in this area of town??? As William wrote about yesterday in the Post, lower SoBro is primed for development as well.

I would assume all of this will spur more residential/retail in the years to come...and it would be wise to get out ahead of this future investment/development

While an improvement is always in order, none has the norm.  If any, then would be only underground utilities local to the development.  I mentioned that a while back, in discussion of the amphitheater.  Again, nothing.

-==-

Edited by rookzie