Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Unfortunately, Elizabeth Park and Bordeaux areas have had 2 construction crews held up by robbers this month, this time two workers had to be taken to the hospital for a project by 2200 15th Ave N 

http://www.wsmv.com/story/28210548/2-people-injured-in-north-nashville-shooting 

Same has happened in HBV and Salemtown within the last month...

Well spank my ass and call me Sally..... I actually agree with a Megan Berry opinion.... ha

"At-large Councilwoman Megan Barry, who is running for mayor, raised the bond oversight during an interview with The Tennessean Editorial Board on Thursday.

"Clearly, it's going to have to come back to the council in some form," Barry said, adding that she wants to see more information before she can say whether she supports the system. "Anytime you're going to have a $100 million investment, you need to have serious understanding exactly where that money is going and what the benefit is.""

I follow lot sales, two new lots just listed for sale in HBV, both zoned R6

1027 Cheatham Place, $89,900 {sodEmoji.|} Lot Size: 68' x 116' 

1029 Cheatham Place, $69,900  {sodEmoji.|} Lot Size: 51' x 105' 

These list prices are below what other lots have been selling for, but they are smaller and in a less desirable location than the lot sales I saw in 12/2014.

What lots in HBV have sold above the list price for 1027 Cheatham place?

Unfortunately, Elizabeth Park and Bordeaux areas have had 2 construction crews held up by robbers this month, this time two workers had to be taken to the hospital for a project by 2200 15th Ave N 

http://www.wsmv.com/story/28210548/2-people-injured-in-north-nashville-shooting 

There has been no such shooting in Bordeaux. Likewise, the shooting on 15th ave n was not in Elizabeth park. When I still see hints of "scary north Nashville" thrown around, I always think "those same things were said about East Nashville, Germantown and the Nations"......so many are still attempting to sell a picture of "scary unfixable neighborhoods where the boogey man lives...." However, the Nations are now thriving, and East Nashville just got national recognition as a hip neighborhood. The "scary part of town" gossip isn't going to work anymore here. Outsiders are moving here, and the city is becoming more diverse and opened minded. These "scary" neighborhoods with their close proximitys to broadway and skyline views, won't be ignored by the new progressive movement here in Nashville. We cant sincerely want us to be a "it" city and think that these "city" areas should be left untouched. That's so "old Nashville."

• Like 1

What lots in HBV have sold above the list price for 1027 Cheatham place?

All of them.

I follow lot sales, two new lots just listed for sale in HBV, both zoned R6

1027 Cheatham Place, $89,900 {sodEmoji.|} Lot Size: 68' x 116' 
1029 Cheatham Place, $69,900  {sodEmoji.|} Lot Size: 51' x 105' 

These list prices are below what other lots have been selling for, but they are smaller and in a less desirable location than the lot sales I saw in 12/2014.  

Spoke with the listing agent, they have been taking offers all week and will decide this morning.  We put in an offer at list price, but they had several offers "over list"  - I bet 1027 goes for like $100 and 1029 for $85, we couldn't justify going crazy on those lots.

1029 isn't big enough for 2plex - Zoning folks say it's only enough SF for a SINGLE FAMILY - tough to make it work with only 3 houses on 2 lots

There has been no such shooting in Bordeaux. Likewise, the shooting on 15th ave n was not in Elizabeth park. When I still see hints of "scary north Nashville" thrown around, I always think "those same things were said about East Nashville, Germantown and the Nations"......so many are still attempting to sell a picture of "scary unfixable neighborhoods where the boogey man lives...." However, the Nations are now thriving, and East Nashville just got national recognition as a hip neighborhood. The "scary part of town" gossip isn't going to work anymore here. Outsiders are moving here, and the city is becoming more diverse and opened minded. These "scary" neighborhoods with their close proximitys to broadway and skyline views, won't be ignored by the new progressive movement here in Nashville. We cant sincerely want us to be a "it" city and think that these "city" areas should be left untouched. That's so "old Nashville."

What neighborhood is  2200 15th Ave N? BVH? Thanks.

Edited by HGMIII

Yeah - its in Buena Vista Heights. 

We've had folks come into our properties while our contractors were there and steal tools. Its just something that happens in transitional neighborhoods. Robberies or attempted robberies of subcontractors occurred all the time early in McFerrin/Cleveland Park's reinvestment.

The shooting part is kinda crazy though. My daughter goes to Hull Jackson and that property is literally 3 blocks from her school. And its right by Metro Center. Sounds like some teenagers. They are generally the most dangerous with guns because they have no idea what they are doing.

Edit: And while we're on the crime topic - I grew up in Memphis, so even 12 years ago when I moved here, nothing in Nashville really seemed scary crime-wise. I moved onto the 800 block of N 2nd Street in McFerrin Park in early 08, which was probably the most crime filled block in the city, and while the drug and prostitution activity was high, violent crime was relatively rare and when it did occur often involved people who knew each other who were in some sort of personal dispute.

Unfortunately, hispanic people are often targets of these kind of high stakes robberies. The thought is that since many of them are undocumented and unbanked, they are often carrying cash and are hesitant to contact police when they are robbed. In memphis, there are tons of home invasions of hispanic people for that very reason.

Edited by mundiejc

All of them.

Spoke with the listing agent, they have been taking offers all week and will decide this morning.  We put in an offer at list price, but they had several offers "over list"  - I bet 1027 goes for like $100 and 1029 for $85, we couldn't justify going crazy on those lots.

1029 isn't big enough for 2plex - Zoning folks say it's only enough SF for a SINGLE FAMILY - tough to make it work with only 3 houses on 2 lots

What neighborhood is  2200 15th Ave N? BVH? Thanks.

2200 15th Ave N is located in Buena Vista Heights, which is bordered along its northerly and easterly boundaries by Ted Rhodes Golf Course and Metro Center, making it on the inside of the riverbend.  This might be a source of confusion, as perhaps you're associating BV Heights with Buena Vista Pike, in Boardeaux, and which intersects with the West Trinity Ln, before BV Pike veers off toward the Whites Creek community, all of which is on the opposite side of the river.  Compounding the lack of distinctness in terms is the fact that there also exist a few developments such as Buena Vista Manor apartments (on BV Pike) and the MTA Nº 14 Whites Creek Buena Vista bus route, which follows a portion of BV Pike to Buenaview Blvd (some of "Buena-everything" is seems).

The 2200-15th Ave N. address address is in "near-town" close to the Temple (Jewish) Cemetery off Clay Street.  The community of Bordeaux proper roughly consists of land that lies beyond the riverbank opposite Metro Center and the golf course.  Bordeaux used to be an "official" unincorporated town until 1963.  "They" (many, especially the news media) tend to regard Bordeaux as North Nasv'l, but I'm totally ol'-skewl and refuse to accept by popularity the integration of Bordeaux into North Nashv'l, just as I do not consider Antioch or even Woodbine as being South Nash'vl.  Hell, I might as well consider Green Hills and Oak Hill as South Nashv'l, and you know how high that would fly, wouldn't you?  I never started hearing these "whole-for-the-part" inclusions until around the early  '90s, upon my return to the region, following a long absence (and I still don't buy into it).

-==-

Y,eah I hear the noise as well , I love living in the area I cant ask anything better.

last Monday I went to that coffee shop is really good.

I'm on the 20th floor in the Icon looking at your building.

I wanted a downtown view but they're very hard to find

that storage building and parking lot next to your building looks like a potential site as well for highrise development

Y,eah I hear the noise as well , I love living in the area I cant ask anything better.

last Monday I went to that coffee shop is really good.

I'm on the 20th floor in the Icon looking at your building.

I wanted a downtown view but they're very hard to find

that storage building and parking lot next to your building looks like a potential site as well for highrise development

Chris

I am also on the 20th floor - Welcome to the floor, too! I'm in 08.

This seems to confirm some speculation from earlier. I drove by 9th & Church this morning and noticed that fencing is now up surrounding all of the property between RLP and 9th. It seems likely that whatever eventually replaces the garage will also fill that long-vacant lot next door.

Capture.png

Or maybe the fencing is up only to help contain the demolition debris... Who knows.

Hopefully we find out soon!

• Like 2

That site will be developed eventually, but it has a pretty steep price tag on it and the owners are in a position to sit until the right offer comes along.

Great video! Drones ar so cool and offer lots of possibilities but boy do I see some legal restrictions on the way...

I also see them being required to be dogtagged, if not already, and also just waiting for one ultimately fail due some crosswind shear and to crash into some balcony at the Terrazzo or the West View (bad examples, I know!!), knocks over the table candles, and catches the patio curtains on fire.

-==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Absolutely beautiful video.

Now, time for my side rant:

Since when did a remote control airplane or helicopter with a video camera become a drone? I have one currently sitting at my parents house that I had when I was a kid. Thing has a 6' wingspan and a gasoline powered engine with a top speed of around 75kts. More than enough payload capacity to put a movable video camera on a gimble below the fuselage, too. A true 'drone' is something much more sophisticated than anything the vast majority of people would ever be able to afford, let alone have the training to fly. A R/C helicopter with a camera does NOT equal drone! They're not new, they've been around for decades, and watching the media have a collective freakout about it is getting super annoying. They're just a little cheaper than they once were and can take higher quality video.

DRONE:

320px-MQ-9_Reaper_in_flight_%282007%29.j

NOT A DRONE:

800px-RC_Pilatus_type_%2811819889886%29.

DRONE:

300px-FIRESCOUT-VUAS.jpg

NOT A DRONE:

640px-Quadcopter_01.JPG

Edited by Nathan_in_DC
  • Like 2