Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

^^^ That's the same group doing that rowhouse-looking apartment community in Murfreesboro. While I think it remains to be seen whether it's a good idea or not for the location they chose in Murfreesboro, I think the concept may work better here.  Although an apartment tower is still best for the area, as townhomes would be a sprawling affair....I dunno, I'm not sure how to feel about this yet.

Edited by NikOnder

Demo permit issued for building at 1407 3rd Ave N, the site of the Fountains project.

RD Herbert has been real busy trying to move out. Looks as if they will tear down as they vacate. I also look for the Formosa and Wang buildings to come down soon as well.

The Southern Broom location had some activity too. I saw workers going in and out of the building.

• Like 1

Kinda big news regarding the Lifeway property, they have signed an LOI (letter of intent) with a bidder, supposedly a mix of local and non-locals alike.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2015/02/lifeway-signs-letter-of-intent-to-negotiate-sale.html?ana=twt

Interesting.

So...Lifeway will build a new building downtown (I wonder how large?)...and then someone else will take over their current campus.  What will stay and what will go?  I'm assuming the Lifeway tower will remain.  Can't wait to hear what will happen with the rest of the land.

Interesting.

So...Lifeway will build a new building downtown (I wonder how large?)...and then someone else will take over their current campus.  What will stay and what will go?  I'm assuming the Lifeway tower will remain.  Can't wait to hear what will happen with the rest of the land.

The article states that they will need about 450k sqft, but we all know that Nashville developers are so conservative that they will work that amount of space into a widescraper, maybe a little taller than Gulch Crossing... or maybe Eakin's squatty body box.  After all, it would be terrible if they took the opportunity to develop a new tallest with extra spec space.  

• Like 1

I don't see why that wouldn't work for them, although I don't recall the amount of square footage Emery stated in his proposal.  It will probably come down (after the money is secured) to who's ready to turn dirt, not unlike what Bridgestone did.  Now... that obviously could change if some sharp developer like Donald Trump came along and proposed some partnership with LW and/or proposes some sort of buy/lease arrangement... which the article suggests is unlikely.  Who knows?  This will be exciting.

Just a tidbit in the same area as LifeWay and Federal Courthouse. 

All he said she said but (this info is from the demo guys' project manager) ..... The current 4-level garage that is coming down at Church and 8th N and being replace with surface parking will attempt to join with the gravel lot at 9th and Church and break ground on a building (suspect office or why wait?) as soon as the Federal Courthouse is approved. 

Just a tidbit in the same area as LifeWay and Federal Courthouse. 

All he said she said but (this info is from the demo guys' project manager) ..... The current 4-level garage that is coming down at Church and 8th N and being replace with surface parking will attempt to join with the gravel lot at 9th and Church and break ground on a building (suspect office or why wait?) as soon as the Federal Courthouse is approved. 

Lawyers offices maybe.?

• Like 1

I saw the barriers up this morning. I think this will start very soon. They need toget the parking lot at the top of the hill opened soon. We may know more tomorrow.

This is one I'm very excited about (Thompson hotel). It's going to give the Gulch a completely different look in terms of density and feeling like a true urban neighborhood (or one that is steadily growing into that status). As popular as the Gulch has become, it has felt unfinished, incomplete having the gravel lot at this key crossroads. There are plenty more gaps to be filled in in the Gulch, but this is the most important one.

• Like 4