505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I know that this view is from the Adventure Science Center cam, but is anyone else having issues with the News 2 cam working? It's the same view but is live and shows a little more. I have not been able to get it to work for a few weeks. I keep getting a message saying the WKRN cams are off air. I have a Mac and wasn't sure if that was the issue or not. They worked fine for me in the past. Thanks for any info!

3 hours ago, TNinVB said:

I know that this view is from the Adventure Science Center cam, but is anyone else having issues with the News 2 cam working? It's the same view but is live and shows a little more. I have not been able to get it to work for a few weeks. I keep getting a message saying the WKRN cams are off air. I have a Mac and wasn't sure if that was the issue or not. They worked fine for me in the past. Thanks for any info!

I got it to work a few minutes ago...but like you, it hasn't been working for weeks.

10 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Great shot!

Btw...I've always wondered...is the structure on top of the Fifth Third Bank building made to mimic the Ryman?  It kinda looks like it.

I've read (could be wrong) that it is supposed to mimic the state capitol building.  I believe both are a weathered copper, and with a similar pitch.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^Great shot!

Btw...I've always wondered...is the structure on top of the Fifth Third Bank building made to mimic the Ryman?  It kinda looks like it.

When I worked downtown, I would give directions to the building by saying it's the 30 story building with the hayloft on top. Never failed.

Back when the "Batman" building was being promoted (prior to construction), I remember design references to the Ryman. The shape and scale of the atrium attached to the tower were to pay homage to the shape of the former Union Gospel Tabernacle. (Note the slope of the atrium roof.) The color of the stone cladding on the lower portions of the building was also chosen to compliment the brick of the old neighbor across 4th Avenue.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Just got this email from the marking office the tower is averaging one floor every 4 working days it says below
Christopher,

Thank you for registering on our 505 website and expressing interest in renting a residence. We are thrilled with our progress on 505 – especially being ‘on time’ and ‘on budget’ with construction! We poured level 17 last night and, given our pace of a new floor every four working days, we will complete 505’s concrete structure by June-2017. Initial occupancy of the lower levels will begin in October 2017.

The 505 Marketing Center is now open on level 29 of Fifth Third Center located at 424 Church Street. Please call 615-254-0555 to schedule an appointment. 505’s virtual reality platform is on full display and available for you to view along with recently finalized floor plans. By month end, our floor plans will be added to both our website and 505 app, which can be downloaded from Apple Store and Google Play.

Thank you again for your interest. My associates Ted Kromer, Development Director, Phil Meadows, CFO, Morgan Stengel, 505 Project Manager, and I look forward to staying in communication with you as we complete development of 505. We hope to see you at the 505 Marketing Center soon!

Tony Giarratana

MARKETING CENTER Now Open
424 Church Street
Suite 2900
Nashville, TN 37219

• Like 3

From today's Nashville Post:

Nashville-based developer Tony Giarratana has announced that a joint venture between newly formed Giarratana Management and Dallas-based Lincoln Property Co., with the latter to lease and manage luxury residential tower 505.

In a release, Giarratana said he has historically hired other firms to lease and manage his company’s apartment developments, but wanted his internal team to be a part of the management tasks for 505 (pictured), a mixed-use skyscraper under construction within Nashville’s central business district.

“We wanted to handle leasing and management of 505 personally but wanted the additional horsepower that a large property management company like Lincoln Property Company provides,” Giarratana said in the release.

Lincoln Property, which bills itself as the nation’s second-largest property manager, manages 23 apartment communities in the greater Nashville area. These include urban buildings such as Element Music Row, The Cadence, Aspire Midtown, 909 Flats, Station 40 and Flats at Taylor Place.

“We’re very excited to be working with Tony and his team on 505,” said Chris Burns, senior vice president of Lincoln Property’s Southeast region. “As the tallest residential building in Nashville, 505 is sure to take residential living to extraordinary heights.”

505 will incorporate two vertically integrated residential communities. The first 29 levels include 350 residences including studios, convertibles, and one- and two-bedroom units. The high-rise component begins on level 30 and features 193 residences with larger studios and convertibles, one- and two-bedroom suites, and two-story two- and three-bedroom penthouses on level 45.

The low-rise and high-rise residences have separate lobbies and separate passenger/service elevators. Both share an acre of indoor and outdoor amenities on level 7, including a fitness center, club room, double-height lounge, demonstration kitchen and dining area, dog run, saltwater pool with five cabanas, and full-size tennis, pickle ball and bocce ball courts.

At three-quarters of an acre, the outdoor amenity deck alone is larger than the overall footprint of Viridian, another downtown high-rise developed by Giarratana.

Other shared amenities and services include a dog spa, 24/7 dry-cleaning drop-off/pickup, bike storage and maintenance areas, and a loading dock.

Exclusive to the high-rise residences, level 8 includes amenities such as a card room, a club room with a grand piano, both a demonstration kitchen and fully equipped catering kitchen, a dining room, a fitness room, a spa treatment room, an “old-world wine tasting room” and climate-controlled wine storage.

“I am often asked whether 505 will be rented entirely as apartments or a portion sold as condos,” Giarratana said. “Because one of our major investors is a [real estate investment trust], 505 must remain solely rental apartments during construction. Thereafter, once its construction-related financing has been retired, we may evaluate conversion and sale of the high-rise portion of 505 as condos.”

The 505 marketing center is now open on the 29th floor of Fifth Third Center, at 424 Church Street.

Wow. So a floor every 4 working days is basically going up around the pace as Skyhouse before it topped out. That is moving pretty quick. So around New Year's the building will be standing really tall and no telling how much higher the crane will be extended at that time. 

Edited by Titans101