505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

Many, many, many modifications for any project under construction happen regularly. The most common that are overly noticeable to whomever are modifications to facade materials generally to cut costs. 

I'm sure additional height during construction has occurred on projects somewhere at some time, but the overall time and money that would be spent on modifications to structural, mechanical and electrical engineering as well as additional architectural documents for life safety code, high rise code, etc., might all but make the additional height economically unfeasible. Add to that the additional construction costs, crane rental (which is ridiculously expensive) and any other contracting issues, it would be more worth the developer's time to allocate that equity toward another project. I have developers fuss at me about having to ask lenders for additional money for things that are unforeseen, but required, so I would hate to be a fly on the wall for a conversation about additional height at this stage in the game. 

Thanks for the info... that was pretty much what I was guessing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ ^ ^ OK then...there is definitely a crown around the mechanicals on top.  Sure hope there is some sort of creative lighting with it at night. Could make it distinctive. Maybe Tony is going to be mum about that until the end and then surprise everyone at the grand opening. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

Three additional updated renderings released today:
505 Church July, 2016 render 3.jpg

In the middle view, it looks like the vertical concrete columns will be part of the interior space.   The Nashville City Center was designed in much the same way, with the columns about 12" to the inside of the curtain wall.    This has presented some challenges when doing interior buildout for offices.   Some people have a concrete column right in the middle of their office!      I guess 505 residents who get a column will do their best to incorporate it into their floor plan.  Treat it as part of the furniture.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CenterHill said:

In the middle view, it looks like the vertical concrete columns will be part of the interior space.   The Nashville City Center was designed in much the same way, with the columns about 12" to the inside of the curtain wall.    This has presented some challenges when doing interior buildout for offices.   Some people have a concrete column right in the middle of their office!      I guess 505 residents who get a column will do their best to incorporate it into their floor plan.  Treat it as part of the furniture.   

Yeah, when my dad was there, his office had a big column just all in the way. The parking garage at city center is pretty bad too. Just columns everywhere, like you're inside a pinball machine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satalac said:

Yeah, when my dad was there, his office had a big column just all in the way. The parking garage at city center is pretty bad too. Just columns everywhere, like you're inside a pinball machine. 

Ha.  Yeah, everyone who has ever navigated the original City Center parking garage (as I do on a daily basis) agrees it's the worst design ever for a garage.   Notice all the scrapes and black marks on the concrete columns.    Putting cars down there almost seemed like an afterthought.  

5 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I'd cover mine with some hatch show prints

• Like 2

The middle crane on the garage structure was taken down on Saturday morning.  Haven't been paying as much attention to it as normal so it took a bit to notice, but it looks like the amenities deck is almost ready for concrete and will be done soon!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Random and lazy:  What's the Paramore sign I see?  Wasn't TGs building at some point called the Paramount?  Any relation?  I'll start Googling...

edit:

Answer to question #1:

A Creative Digital Agency in Nashville | Paramore Digital

Answer to question #2:

Was called the Paramount.  Not sure if any relation.

Edited by timmay143
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...