505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

10 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Hmmmm ok what? I don't get the video. The last shot with the fireworks especially. The building looks nothing like the other rendering, especially at the top. The last frame looks like the top will be lit but not so in the other night shots. Maybe Tony is trying to keep it a surprise? I agree this will make an impact and this is what we have to settle for. Just completely underwhelming. 

Yea like others said this vid is all over the place. The last shot makes the building look like 750'+ and it has a mini little crown-thingy. Someone did say that their too far into construction to make changes so...

1 minute ago, Nashtitans said:

Yea like others said this vid is all over the place. The last shot makes the building look like 750'+ and it has a mini little crown-thingy. Someone did say that their too far into construction to make changes so...

That was me that said that and I'm certainly no expert on construction so I suppose it's entirely possible they could add a crown of some kind to the top.  I just meant it was too late for any hope of a complete redesign.

For those of us at the meet up with Tony back a couple years ago (2014????), the plan had been to make a piece of this uber-luxurious.  At that time, IIRC, he was prosing a tower that would have been 55 stories tall and well over 600 feet.  He was contemplating a dozen or so penthouse residences that were in the $5-million plus range on top of 20 floors of more typically priced condos ($400,000-$1.5 million) which were on top of 20 floors of apartments.  I think those days are gone. We're looking at something that is not uber-luxury.  This will be nice, and it will have condos that are going to break records for Nashville. However, it's not going to blow the roof off the market. 

I agree with the sentiment that the parts of the video are poorly done.  Stock photos of Titans stadium and the MCC were a big miss, and the fake fireworks were almost laughable.

5 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

For those of us at the meet up with Tony back a couple years ago (2014????), the plan had been to make a piece of this uber-luxurious.  At that time, IIRC, he was prosing a tower that would have been 55 stories tall and well over 600 feet.  He was contemplating a dozen or so penthouse residences that were in the $5-million plus range on top of 20 floors of more typically priced condos ($400,000-$1.5 million) which were on top of 20 floors of apartments.  I think those days are gone. We're looking at something that is not uber-luxury.  This will be nice, and it will have condos that are going to break records for Nashville. However, it's not going to blow the roof off the market. 

I agree with the sentiment that the parts of the video are poorly done.  Stock photos of Titans stadium and the MCC were a big miss, and the fake fireworks were almost laughable.

It was my November 2014, the only meeting I've made it to so far :( My bad guys.

Yep... I think Mr. Giarratana would have put more money into the style of this building if he had been able... but I give him props for building the highest level floor in Tennessee. Not an ugly building... just not anything remarkable.  The attempts in the video to make this something more than it is are a bit amusing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, titanhog said:

^^What's going on in this photo?  I'm not sure I've seen a skyscraper with plywood before.

Safety measures. You'll notice it's all where the man lift is. It's to keep people from walking off the edge while trying to board/exit the lift. Either that, or they are trying to out-ugly the Westin. 

10 hours ago, Nashtitans said:

The garage is 7 stories but I did some research and it said its suppose to be 12??

8 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Perhaps the info is 12 levels of parking-7 above ground?

I think Don has the answer there. The specs will say a 12 level garage and that includes underground. That also happens with the high rise projects too. They count the total number of floors.

21 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^What's going on in this photo?  I'm not sure I've seen a skyscraper with plywood before.

These are the service elevators to be used during construction. The plywood floor "sticks out" far enough to allow loading straight into the elevator, then straight off at the destination floor. Must have enough room to allow loading in a straight line

If you have time, go watch The SoBro one day (soon) while that one is still up

• Like 1