505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

Wish all these high rises being built (505, bridgestone, jw marriot, etc) would pull a skyhouse and pour a floor a week

oh yea and i feel like this needs to be taller...It's right in the middle of downtown they should add like 100' and put a crown on it

Edited by Nashtitans
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel like I should be more excited about this after seeing that video, but I am not. Don't get me wrong,I love to see this being built, but after knowing the previous designs for this spot I have lost some enthusiasm. I just want something that changes the skyline and has a design that stands out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nashtitans said:

^^I feel ya. Is there anyway this gets a design change?

Given that it's already a third of the way built, definitely not, unfortunately.

I feel like this is an awful lot of fanfare for an ordinary looking box that will only be the second tallest building in a market with relatively short towers to begin with.  The IMAX presentation with all the big wigs, the 3D video etc. etc...it would be fitting for the Signature Tower or *single tear* the original 505 CST with those incredible sexy curves and lines...but in most larger cities this would be a pretty mundane affair...they probably build one of these in Austin every other year. 

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NashRugger said:

That video was all over the place and honestly, poorly done for over half of it.

Agreed. It is definitely not on par with the video of Signature which was VERY professionally done.  In the end, doesn't really matter...the end product will be a "nice" addition to the skyline, flat top and all, even though we had all hoped for a "magnificent" addition with a crown or spire this will have to do. 

Edited by troyboytn

Hmmmm ok what? I don't get the video. The last shot with the fireworks especially. The building looks nothing like the other rendering, especially at the top. The last frame looks like the top will be lit but not so in the other night shots. Maybe Tony is trying to keep it a surprise? I agree this will make an impact and this is what we have to settle for. Just completely underwhelming.