Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

10 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Didn't know where to post this question so forgive me if this isn't an appropriate place.  Is there any chance HCA ever decides to ditch their campus and come downtown?   

I think they are just too big now. They have offices all over creation and are spending a lot of money upgrading the offices out by Centennial Park. They also have a lot of room to expand on the other side of the RR tracks across from One City.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure where to put this post. With Chase Bank now in Tennessee and growing it's presence. Do you think they might consider building a tower?

Also, and this is not going to be a popular post, could we start an old Nashville thread where all the old pictures and discussions could move to? I get on to see progress, not pages of old buildings that no longer exist. Why concern ourselves with things that aren't even in existence? I could get on and post non existent alien buildings all day but why? End of the rant that will no doubt bring Thor's hammer down on me.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

I'm not sure where to put this post. With Chase Bank now in Tennessee and growing it's presence. Do you think they might consider building a tower?

Also, and this is not going to be a popular post, could we start an old Nashville thread where all the old pictures and discussions could move to? I get on to see progress, not pages of old buildings that no longer exist. Why concern ourselves with things that aren't even in existence? I could get on and post non existent alien buildings all day but why? End of the rant that will no doubt bring Thor's hammer down on me.

We all have to scroll by certain posts that are not of particular interest to us as individuals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, NissanvilleTitans said:

could we start an old Nashville thread where all the old pictures and discussions could move to

This has occurred to me as well – not because I don't want to see them but because I wouldn't want to miss any. They form a natural group, and as things stand, they're scattered in different threads.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, billgregg said:

This has occurred to me as well – not because I don't want to see them but because I wouldn't want to miss any. They form a natural group, and as things stand, they're scattered in different threads.

Yeah, I think that's the problem. You open a thread to see progress on a certain project but then there's pictures and a full page of discussion of old buildings that used to be where the new building is being built.  As Smeagol said, there's a thread that fits this kind of information. 

• Like 4

Two ends of the spectrum in housing for theNashville area:

1)Metro Council member Freddie O'Connell files for creation of Office of housing and Homelessness.

The bill tasks the Office of Housing and Homelessness with promoting affordable housing in Davidson County, coordinating a community response to homelessness, providing staff and resources for Metro’s housing and homelessness services work, and assisting with the Barnes Fund for Affordable Housing.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/politics/metro/councilmember-files-for-creation-of-office-of-housing-and-homelessness/article_f3b27549-e1f3-59b5-8b34-7cb15d2ac393.html

2) Demand for multimillion-dollar homes spreads throughout Middle Tennessee.

Transplants fleeing the high cost of housing in cities around the country are helping upend Middle Tennessee’s luxury housing market.

Moreover, homes with seven-figure price tags have spread beyond their usual neighborhood pockets, further changing Nashville’s housing market, according to one real estate pro. 

John G. Brittle Jr., a Realtor and broker with Parks Real Estate, said the “ultra-luxury” real estate market, where homes sell for over $2 million, is more robust than it’s ever been. 

Thus far in 2021, over 204 homes have sold in Williamson County for over $2 million, including 13 for over $5 million, according to Realtracs Solutions, a company that tracks housing data in Middle Tennessee. For comparison, in 2020 there were 113 homes bought for over $2 million.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/10/25/luxury-housing-market-booms.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jkc2j said:

Anyone familiar with this? From the Nashville Post Developer eyes 2.5 billion dollar project for Cumberland River.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/developer-eyes-2-5b-project-for-cumberland-river/article_2c706142-372c-11ec-b53c-d3d5ff81e510.html

The Riverside Thread

• Like 2