Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Yep, Sorry I didn't  know this was still an issue with you guys. This was a change that was made I guess last year and it was all done without our say and that was the ownership of the board. I think it works both ways.

When you get a good comment that is great, but when "some" people get sour grapes they take it the wrong way and then go off on the person that gave them the negative comment. You know how people are on these boards. You have a lot of good people and two or three bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

Sort of like politics these! Gone are times when folks can sit down over a beer or a cup of coffee and just have a good conversation about that subject without getting their guns, knives and atom bombs out. Conversion has gone off the rails thanks to social media. Platforms like this have to CYA so to speak for legal reason's now!

Just saying so you can can get an understanding of what goes on these days!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, rookzie said:

As much as I love reading and interacting with peeps on this forum, I admit that it should NOT be a big deal if reactions have been made anonymous by intention.  But it does ─ to me anyway.

Since I only pop up like a Whack-a-Mole varmint, that rears it's ugly head only during a North American volcanic eruption, I might just have to stay gone indefinitely, as a result of this administrative action.  Kind of disgusting, not to say that any loss will be monumental..:console:

Sure appreciate your expertise and historical knowledge on numerous topics, Rookzie, and will miss you very much if you depart.   : (

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Nashvillain said:

Don't ghost us for too long. I can only speak for me, but your experience, perspective, and insight are crucial to this forum. A Rookzie post, rare as they might be, is always the highlight of my time here. 

You MUST already know who just reacted to that one :rolleyes:.

On 11/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, MLBrumby said:

The Nashville MSA is expected to grow by close to 150,000 over the next five years, according to the Boyd Center for Business and Economic Research at the University of Tennessee, reaching 2.2 million people by 2026.

If these are the same as the State Data Center estimates they are due to be updated early next year a will include data from the 2020 Census.

A market survey conducted by the Greater Nashville Apartment Association found the average cost of rent had increased to $1,523 in the third quarter. The association also determined the number of apartments under construction had increased 38.2%, compared to October 2020.

The GNAA concluded that 24,090 units are being constructed in the Nashville area, and that 4,413 new apartments have been completed and brought to market in 2021.

Rental housing occupancy rose 3.68% from the third quarter of 2020 to Q3 2021, leading to a 95.84% rental occupancy rate throughout the Nashville area.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/11/15/rental-market-growing-according-to-gnaa-survey.html

• Like 4

I like the route although I'm sure that there will be tremendous push back. It's notable in totally banning them from SoBro, during the day. I think the non tourist related businesses/residents will appreciate it. I wonder if you end up with an almost continuous line of the vehicles though.

I was out in California and was eating outside when two peddle taverns suddenly went by. Both were filled with partying females, but the music level was a fraction of what we have here. Loud enough for the participants, but not really bothering anyone else.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

As much as I despise those party vehicles and the plebs that ride them, I think that route is a little too restrictive. With the number of party vehicles out there, it may end up clogging those streets and intersections to the degree that they are unusable during those hours.

I've always liked the idea of them using the east bank and the stadium area. It would be suitable for loading and unloading without seriously getting in most people's way. 

So let's keep the other route and add one that starts on the west side of the stadium, next to the river (Titans Way), and runs around the south side of the stadium (Victory Ave), turns right on S 2nd St, turns right on Shelby/KVB, crosses the river, and runs up 1st Ave all the way to Union, turns right onto the Woodland St bridge, turns right at S 1st St, turns right on Russell St, and finishes back where it started on Titans Way. All right turns...should make it easy.

Since this lines up closely to the other route, they could figure 8 the routes to make it more interesting, with the east route jumping over to 2nd at Broadway, and the west route turning right on Union and crossing the river.

Edited by UTgrad09
  • Like 4

I do agree that it is a bit too restrictive, but I would say open it up to 5th Ave (Rep John Lewis Way) so that they get to the end of Lower Broadway. 

image.thumb.png.74bab308f11f4e96b69395a252f42be8.png

We could also look at permitting different "zones" for them. Lower Broadway being one, then the Gulch could be another one. The East Bank could be a potential third one once it is built out. 

image.thumb.png.ef695d6149c6db79c59ae8b2467398ac.png

I truly do despise these things, but they have been very popular with tourists and have generated revenue for the city, so I don't see why a certain amount of compromise could be made. The penalties for leacing these "zones" would have to be very stiff though. Like a 30 day permit suspension in my mind. Losing a full month of revenue would be a very big deterrent.

• Like 3

Nashville Technology Council (NTC) has created a website called Tech Into Nashville that showcases all the growth and how to get involved in Music City's tech sector:

https://techintonashville.com/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021.11.22 NASH&utm_term=NASHtoday Subscribers - MASTER

Promo video on Why Tech Workers are Coming to Nashville:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1