Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, rookzie said:

Is some U-P change in privacy policy going on with the reactions/likes on the entire site?

I can't see who reacted to people's posts or to mine.  Also, the notifications announce that "somebody reacted" but that somebody's name no longer is appended to the notification.  Might this be some administrative collateral reaction in lockdown out of fear of what a few main-stream social media platforms have experienced, so our names are removed?   What's the point in having a forum, if peeps can't hold a shared dialog in virtual presence!

After I thought about it, I probably should have posted this in the Nashville Coffee House, but I didn't think about it until it was too late.

Auntie Yock voted "Thanks."

• Like 2

Although the odds are probably pretty slim, I do agree that Signature Tower is definitely a “Statement “ building. I think it would out class the AT&T tower , and become the iconic Nashville landmark. I know there’s the 750’ height “ limit “ but even at that , with its crown it would be spectacular!

• Like 3

Open-air party vehicles may be able to continue allowing alcohol on board after all, thanks to a new proposal.

A bill filed Tuesday by Metro Council member Freddie O'Connell would give the Metro Beer Permit Board the ability to issue bring-your-own-beer and beer sale permits to party vehicles approved by the Metro Transportation Licensing Commission. 

Unenclosed vehicles without BYO permits would still be barred from allowing open alcohol containers on board while the vehicle is in operation.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2021/11/12/nashville-tennessee-party-vehicles-beer-sale-laws-permits-restrictions-byob-bill-metro-council/6384386001/

• Like 2