Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

My family comes to visit from all over and they want to go Downtown, then once we get there they can’t wait to leave. After seeing and Hearing the drunken free for all , they turn to me and say “Wow, Nashville has a problem. I didn’t know it was so wild” not what they were expecting or wanting. It’s time to clean up this mess, or the city’s reputation is not going to be a good one

Your family goes to the street with the highest concentration of bars in the city and they don't expect it to be wild?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

It seems, from pretty much every report that's out there, that the "wild" we are seeing is at a different level from 2019 and before. Perhaps it's partially the lack of more tame convention/business travelers or maybe our every increasing popularity, but this is being seen as worse (especially in the media, where like it or not, it counts). I think most of the frustration is with the moving entertainment folks. We expect Broadway to be raucous at a 10 out of 10, but not at Hume Fogg, not  really at the  new Grand Hyatt or in the Gulch. We need more rules and enforcement of those rules for the transportanment vehicles. 

This is what I’m referring to. Seems to be “different “ since the reopening and these “ vehicles “ are most of the problem. Before you could go downtown and even with all the bars , it was more contained in those establishments. Now the party seems to be everywhere 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, chris holman said:

This happened to me unfortunately a month ago I was attacked from behind on Church St and woke up in Vanderbilt 2days later im still recovering 

Chris, so sorry to hear. You will be my thoughts and prayers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chris holman said:

It's hurts because I was on the street I feel I was left to die. It bothers me bad 

Devastating-I hope and pray for a full recovery.

I've been watching ZPierre's live feeds from Broadway and it seems a lot worse from just a couple of years ago and it isn't just the party trucks.

I may be wrong but it all seems more menacing and out of control and I'm not sure why that is.

If anyone has any ideas about it please share them with us.

Get well Chris.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Somehow, we went from cute little pedal taverns to rolling bars like this:

20210912_191925.thumb.jpg.90ece1dcc69ab56896a89aa45e6876d4.jpg

Who approved the license for this? And what on earth were they thinking? Before, people with families saw pedal taverns and thought they were cute; now they see this rolling down the street and run

The state will not allow the city to regulate over a certain size

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, bnacincy said:

I've been watching ZPierre's live feeds from Broadway and it seems a lot worse from just a couple of years ago and it isn't just the party trucks.

I may be wrong but it all seems more menacing and out of control and I'm not sure why that is.

If anyone has any ideas about it please share them with us.

You are wrong by 20 tons. I see people in their 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, and 20s smiling, listening to music, and having a good time. Where you're getting menacing and out of control, who knows?

Edited by Licec