Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Sales of Nashville area apartment complexes have exceed $2.4 billion in the first 3 quarters of 2021, already setting a new record for a year.

“2019 was a record-breaking year for deal volume and sales price appreciation in the multifamily, but those records have been eclipsed,” said CBRE multifamily broker Russ Oldham.

For reference, in the first three quarters of 2019 the sales volume was $1.6 billion — $800 million less than the first three quarters of 2021 — with 44 trades.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/nashville-apartment-sales-top-record-2-4b-this-year/article_86c8ca34-2abc-11ec-8b99-5fb2adf85f22.html

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

It’s one of those things. I’m not a Facebook fan at all , but they are coming and setting up shop. It’s the same here, not a fan of Parler  but I don’t need to associate with it, so I just let it be. Like I said before we are all in this world together, we all have different thoughts and ideas , let’s just make it work. 

Are they opening an office in Nashville ?

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

That's how I see this. 

Agreed. It’s some jobs. The company will last or not, hopefully the IT staff stays. 

15 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

A HUGE data center in Gallatin. About 1mm sq. ft.  on several hundred acres of land, I believe. Doesn't employ a ton of people, scheduled to come online in 2023. FB's 13th data center in the U.S..

Yes, unclear on true economic impact of these, I would think minimal in terms of salary, but good for property tax unless a break was awarded. 

• Like 2

The Business Journal article also mentioned The Daily Wire moved its headquarters to Nashville. The Blaze has an office and broadcast center too. Nashville is really bringing in the media companies. And high value ones at that. Excellent catches.

Nashville is on such a big wave.

I wonder what triggered it.

Edited by Licec

Speaking of media, I've noticed on Fox News a lot of its contributors have the Nashville skyline in the background. That's awesome because Fox News is the highest rated news network by more than double its competitors. A lot of viewers get to see Nashville. Great advertising for free.

I wonder, is it the quality that makes Fox News the highest rated network or the fact that people get to see Nashville regularly; or both.

Edited by Licec
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Bunch of fringe media for angry white guys

I don't know. Fox News, The Daily Wire, and The Blaze are making mince meat out of their competitors. So they obviously have a large cross section of demographics.

Edited by Licec
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3