Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 10/2/2018 at 9:32 AM, AronG said:

I hope everyone in Metro treats these guys like a total joke. They bought some land at bargain basement prices and they're trying to pump up the value with some renderings and a PR campaign. Much more in common with Maytown than River North. River North is a plausible if ambitious concept that could actually come to fruition in some form over the next 10 or 20 (or 30) years as the east bank finally transitions away from industrial wasteland. It's across the river from Germantown instead of the CBD, but with a couple of bridges and interstate overpasses you can at least connect it with street grids on either side and patch it into Nashville's evolving urban fabric. Proposing skyscrapers on West Trinity across the river from MetroCenter is a transparent effort to get public infrastructure $ in an area that makes no sense for the city.

Nothing like Maytown which was 1500 acres with 800 acres of development and 700 acres of green space.  this concept is 50 acres

The massive Belonging Church has bought a 50,000 sq. ft. building at 201 Great Circle Drive in Metro Center.  They have been hosting multiple services every Sunday at Rocketown in SoBro, but with over 4,000 attending each week, they need their own facility now. They paid $8.4 million for the large structure which had been home to Accred Health until recently. They plan to have the space converted and ready fro move-in by Sept. of 2019.

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21026187/local-church-pays-84m-for-metrocenter-building

Belonging Church, Metro Center, Oct 8, 2018, site.jpg

Belonging Church, Metro Center, Oct 8, 2018, site map.png

• Like 1

The Artisan  North is underway in Historic Buena Vista.  March Development will have 18 townhomes in three 3 story structures on a site at 1716 Delta Ave., 2 blocks west of Rosa L. Parks Blvd. 

More behind the paywall at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21026228/townhomes-planned-for-buena-vista

This screen shote from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the location in red at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 8.10.37 AM.png

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

8th Ave. South and Division neighborhood is at a crucial junction poised for more activity:

In the late 1990s, Nashvillians were not thinking about how The Gulch and SoBro could interact in a seamlessly connected manner.

For that matter, few locals were pondering much, if anything, about the two now-bustling urban districts — as neither was much more than a collection of smallish nondescript buildings, their streets devoid of pedestrians.

Twenty years later, the dynamic has changed dramatically for what have become a noteworthy pair of downtown places. Towers soar. Walkers, joggers and bikers abound. The energy is palpable. And with the opening the past few years of Gulch Crossing, 1201 Demonbreun, Twelve Twelve and JW Marriott, The Gulch and SoBro are at least reasonably connected.

But more connectivity clearly is needed. And beyond the obvious is a less-noticeable characteristic: The intersection of Eighth Avenue South and Division Street has become an important factor, more than ever, regarding the further linking of SoBro and The Gulch.

More behind the Nashville Post Magazine here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/nashville-post-magazine/article/21026257/a-crucial-junction

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 8.22.48 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was about to say, hooray, the article doesn't use the name "Pie Town", but sadly one got in there.  

• In 2017, Metro completed its so-called Division Street Extension, a viaduct that spans the aforementioned CSX tracks and slices through Pie Town, an emerging urban node that overlaps both SoBro and The Gulch.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, CenterHill said:

I was about to say, hooray, the article doesn't use the name "Pie Town", but sadly one got in there.  

Just remember Google maps had Lake Palmer on maps as a real lake. Sometimes I wonder about the folks at Google as I don't think anyone is actually human that makes the decisions. 

It is the rise of the robots.....:tw_dizzy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just remember Google maps had Lake Palmer on maps as a real lake. Sometimes I wonder about the folks at Google as I don't think anyone is actually human that makes the decisions. 

It is the rise of the robots.....:tw_dizzy:

Google Maps converts data from the satellite imagery into the basic map, and will often suggest to Maps editors (like myself) to name places it thinks are significant. The programming no doubt thought a big body of water in the middle of a city was there on purpose and prompted someone to name it.

If anyone wants corrections or additions made for places in Nashville on Google Maps just let me know!!

Side-note: I have tried and failed many times to have the name "Pie Town" removed but it seems to be permanent :( 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FromParkAveToTN said:

I was in Atlanta this past weekend and noticed they have a "Pie Town" now.

They call theirs "Pie Town South" :shades:

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

Dude, this is the South. You don’t even have to make the statement that pie is better than cake, it’s understood ;) 

If someone can invent a Pie-Cake...I'm IN! :tw_tounge_wink:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

This is very close to a cake/pie mixup:

https://www.aspicyperspective.com/chocoflan-impossible-cake/

CAE51659-B4DA-4A38-A0C0-35AFBDD06807.jpeg

In Puerto Rico, we call that "flancocho".

Flan is... well, flan. Cocho comes from bizcocho, which is the word we use for cake. Mexicans use it differently than we do, lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Industrious, a NYC co-working brand, has signed a lease for it's third Nashville hub at Cummins Station.  In fall of 2019 they will open up 32,000 sq. ft. of space.

I use Regus Offices, a global co-working company, on a regular basis in Nashville, Tampa and Orlando.  Their locations in Nashville, Brentwood and Franklin are very full.  Their "Spaces" brand just opened on the 17th floor of the 222 building and they are building a larger "Spaces" location in Franklin on Mallory Lane.  I've heard that several companies who are moving jobs to Nashville will come to one of these companies and take a large space quickly while they look for other digs.  In other words, they move to Industrious or Spaces first, then find a one or two year lease somewhere while their permanent space is being built out.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

I use Regus Offices, a global co-working company, on a regular basis in Nashville, Tampa and Orlando.  Their locations in Nashville, Brentwood and Franklin are very full.  Their "Spaces" brand just opened on the 17th floor of the 222 building and they are building a larger "Spaces" location in Franklin on Mallory Lane.  I've heard that several companies who are moving jobs to Nashville will come to one of these companies and take a large space quickly while they look for other digs.  In other words, they move to Industrious or Spaces first, then find a one or two year lease somewhere while their permanent space is being built out.

exactly right. I am a WeWork member in Charlotte and we have all the Krispy Kreme execs in our office while their new one is being upfitted and hundreds of Allstate people as their offices are built.  Looking forward to visiting the WeWork in downtown Nashville in what I think you call the R2D2 building.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

exactly right. I am a WeWork member in Charlotte and we have all the Krispy Kreme execs in our office while their new one is being upfitted and hundreds of Allstate people as their offices are built.  Looking forward to visiting the WeWork in downtown Nashville in what I think you call the R2D2 building.

That's the one! One Nashville Place.

• Like 2