Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

To get 3.5 acres in a location where the homeless could still get to them AND build new facilities would be expensive.  The $55M figure is hearsay, somewhat, but could put some ideas in the minds of their board members about their choices, including the possibility of moving.  Give them some time to noodle on it and talk with civic leaders about the long-term solution to serving our homeless.

However, the bigger issue is NIMBYism.  No matter where they want to go, there would be an uproar of "I want to do all I can for the homeless but shouldn't this facility be somewhere else?"  Imagine what could happen to your property value is the Rescue Mission built a huge facility next door!

If this were an auto repair shop, a meat and three, or any type of business, I join you in saying, "Take the money!"  But the Rescue Mission can't just pack up and move a mile or two down the street.  They must be near the community they serve while not being / becoming a pain to their neighbors.

This is an ministry that has a very good track record and is doing work that few others want to do.  They deserve our prayers and support while they figure out if there is a better solution.

Well stated Mr. Bond. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ludlow Row (3 stories, 26 townhomes) update.  Much of the brickwork complete.  Work on the third structure underway.

Looking NW from intersection of 10th Ave. North and Scovel St:

Ludlow Row, Aug 25, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking NE along Scovel St., 1/2 block east of 12th Ave. North:

Ludlow Row, Aug 25, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking south along 10th Ave. North, near intersection with Monroe St:

Ludlow Row, Aug 25, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 7:45 AM, nashwatcher said:

they're turning down $55 million????? why don't they buy a lot somewhere on the outskirts of downtown for $10 million and build an incredible facility?

Facility like this cannot and should not be on the outskirts - even of the downtown area. This is a problem that needs to be focused on to be resolved, and one of best ways to to do that would be to have a heart of downtown/core location. I’ve walked through the parking lot myself when going to the art store behind the mission and as nashville_bound mentions, it’s a ton of empty parking lot. My guess is the current mission will continue operation and a large portion of the parking lot will be the expansion (ala fairground building improvements). 

On 8/31/2018 at 3:24 PM, nashwatcher said:

They could move near the homeless services facility Tony is building. Makes sense...

This could be a possibility, but again not an ideal location. Let’s be honest, some of the homeless population is not gonna venture far from where they panhandle, and will only use a shelter if it’s convienent to their location. This is another reason to keep the facility more centrally located so that the majority of the population will be inclined to use a facility such as this one. 

Now, 55million is a ton of money, but depending on the plans of expansion, they may be better off staying put. But I do agree in the fact that I hope they would flesh out any deal that is presented to them. 

• Like 3

Strategic Hospitality announces that the former Paradise Park at 411 Broadway will reopen next spring with several elements in the 3 story, 42,000 sq. ft. structure:

1) On the main floor, a Crema Coffeehouse,  restaurant, and retail area fronting Broadway.

2) On the 2nd floor will be The Rec Room featuring an oval-shaped bar, large screening room, and axe throwing.

3) On the 3rd floor will be Downtown Sporting Club with sleeping quarters.

4) On the rooftop will be fire pits and various seating arrangements.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/article/21021044/goldbergs-unveil-paradise-park-successor

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, markhollin said:

1) On the main floor, a Crema Coffeehouse,  restaurant, and retail area fronting Broadway.

2) On the 2nd floor will be The Rec Room featuring an oval-shaped bar, large screening room, and axe throwing.

3) On the 3rd floor will be Downtown Sporting Club with sleeping quarters.

4) On the rooftop will be fire pits and various seating arrangements.

and_now_its_time_for_something_completel

Edited by PruneTracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The 12 acre Centurion Stone site in Germantown remains on the market.  

The owners want to sell the entire property instead of slicing it into several development sites. “It’s big, and that’s going against us a little bit, because we’ve had a lot of interest in people wanting us to subdivide,” co-owner  Tim Pardue said. “They want us to break it up into two to four parcels. I’m still optimistic about someone coming in and doing a big mixed-use commercial development.” Pardue said interested buyers have come from Florida, Atlanta and Illinois. To help his pitch, Pardue is paying an architect to do conceptual renderings of what could be built on-site. Pardue expects to begin making product in Centurion’s new facility within 90 days, near John C. Tune Airport. Pardue employs 220 people today and said he expects to add 50 jobs or more tied to the move.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/06/scorecard-huge-riverfront-site-up-for-grabs-as.html

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 6.55.35 AM.png

• Like 2

A mixed use development to be known as Buchanan Point will start soon on the vacant lot at 910 Buchanan St. across the street from Slim & Husky's in the Buchanan Arts District. It will feature 5,200 sq. ft. of commercial space on the ground floor, and eight loft apartments on the 2nd story. A summer 2019 completion is expected.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21021868/work-starts-on-mixeduse-building-on-buchanan

Buchanan Point, 910 Buchanan Ave, Sept 11, 2018,  Render 1.jpg

Buchanan Point, 910 Buchanan Ave, Sept 11, 2018,  Render 2.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.02.55 PM.png

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, subkyle said:

I was the owner of that location. While I agree that there was a span of about 9 months where we had a terrible crew in there we tried extremely hard to make that store work in that location. We had everything working against us. Every time we would hire someone of any quality that would get cherry picked by biscuit love or bar Louie. We had good loyal customers but having a average ticket of 8 bux and crazy high rent killed us. I have six other locations in Middle Tennessee and they are all high volume and operate extremely well. That area and landlord are not friendly to value driven businesses. 

Huge respect to you for trying to make it work.  The Gulch badly needs businesses like yours that cater to residents instead of tourists and ritzy trend seekers who live somewhere else.  It's too bad the landlords are making it so tough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1