Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 11/4/2018 at 5:20 AM, markhollin said:

50 Lindlsey Ave. (3 stories, 6 units) update.  Brickwork complete.

Looking NE from Lindsley Ave., 1/2 block east of Academy Place:

50 Lindsley Ave, Oct 20, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking west along Lindsley Ave., 1/2 block west of Hermitage Ave:

50 Lindsley Ave, Oct 20, 2018, 2.jpg

Only landscaping can save a building like that.  They need to get some ivy groving up those walls as soon as possible.

• Like 2

I noticed a sign at 2030 Rosa L. Parks on my way to work this morning that says Dunkin Donuts and Chipotle coming soon.  It's an old Shoney's building. From the permit site it looks like there will be 2 retail spots in the old building and they are also building a new building with a drive through on the property (probably the Dunkin Donuts).  Not terribly exciting....but Metro Center can use all the food it can get at lunch time. 

• Like 3

Yes, I saw it a couple of weeks ago on a permit or some other Metro doc. Too much stuff I see that never gets in the news.

BTW, I added a ton of items on the map from Development Tracker, permits, and permits applied for. Some of it will show up in news articles this week and some may not.

Lots of things happening, however most of it is spread out all across Davidson County.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It appears that the RJ Young properties with a cumulative 3.5 acres along Division Street at the intersection with 9th Ave. South in The Gulch are about to be sold. An unknown buyer seems to be lined-up, but a contract has not tendered yet.  The current owner has also submitted a Metro rezoning request.

More at theNashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21031467/rj-young-gulch-properties-may-have-buyer

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the two plots in the center of the frame in gray:

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 9.55.04 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, markhollin said:

It appears that the RJ Young properties with a cumulative 3.5 acres along Division Street at the intersection with 9th Ave. South in The Gulch are about to be sold. An unknown buyer seems to be lined-up, but a contract has not tendered yet.  The current owner has also submitted a Metro rezoning request.

Seems like I recall some comments on this thread several years ago that there is no height limit on one of these parcels?  (Couldn't find it via search)  Which parcel would be the subject of the rezoning?  Can't get past the paywall. 

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are height limits everywhere except in parts of the CBD and even then there FAA has to approve over 750', I think.

That makes perfect sense.  I must have been taken in by the hyperbole of some of the UP residents.

Regardless, 3.5 acres is a lot of space.  I'd love to see a massive development with a skyway high above Division St.

18 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

That makes perfect sense.  I must have been taken in by the hyperbole of some of the UP residents.

Regardless, 3.5 acres is a lot of space.  I'd love to see a massive development with a skyway high above Division St.

These lots would fall into the 16 story max with bonus I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks very mid-century to me. The weave pattern on the sides and the beige color, and of course, the low slung, flat roof.  When one remembers that this is a jail (so windows are not prevalent) it actually looks/fits its purpose quite well.  I assume there are ample tunnels under the street to provide access to the court rooms in both the main CH & the Burch building. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 6:26 PM, 17thandFisk said:

You are 100% correct on 2030 Rosa Parks.  That's my best friend's lot and he had been debating what businesses to bring to that spot.  We had discussed possibly a fast casual concept like a Panera or a Corner Bakery.  He was approached by the guys doing those two concepts and I believe an unnamed third is actually going there as well if I'm not  mistaken.

Interesting on the Panera and Corner Market...if there is one thing that my coworkers mention that is lacking over there, it’s a place like Panera or someplace to get a decent salad. I think ANYTHING he puts over there will do well. At least, during the day M-F...and as they keep adding apartment buildings that will help too. 

• Like 1