Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, UTgrad09 said:

Diversity isn't just about color. But whatever triggers you, I guess. 

Did I say anything about color? I said there were shootings on 2nd Ave every weekend. 

It seems me saying that has triggered a Freudian slip on your part.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Argo said:

Did I say anything about color? I said there were shootings on 2nd Ave every weekend. 

It seems me saying that has triggered a Freudian slip on your part.

Yeah, we all know what you meant by it. Don't play dumb. We already know you are. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, chris holman said:

Lainey Wilson is putting her name on a downtown bar. Miranda Lambert will soon no longer the only female country star with a bar in downtown Nashville.

Lainey Wilson is partnering with TC Restaurant Group to open a bar in the former FGL House space at 120 Third Ave. S., according to multiple sources with knowledge of the project.FGL House, a partnership between now-dissolved band Florida Georgia Line and TC Restaurant Group, opened in summer 2017 and closed over the weekend.The Google page for FGL House says "permanently closed" and its Instagram page is gone.

Grammy Award winner Lainey Wilson has shot to fame over the last couple years, gaining traction globally. The Louisiana native won five awards at the 2023 CMA Awards, including Entertainer of the Year. Her album "Bell Bottom Country" topped Billboard charts and accumulated more than 700 million streams.

TC Restaurant Group declined to comment, and Lainey Wilson’s team did not respond to requests for comment Monday.

An opening date and other details about the project are unknown.

TC Restaurant Group is known for its celebrity branded bars, with a portfolio including Luke’s 32 Bridge Food + Drink, Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar and Miranda Lambert’s Casa Rosa. 

Set to open Memorial Day weekend, TC Restaurant Group and Morgan Wallen are partnering to open the six-story venue, This Bar and Tennessee Kitchen, at 107 Fourth Ave. N.

Downtown Nashville has seen the addition of several new celebrity bars recently, including Eric Church’s six-story venue Chief’s, Garth Brooks’ Friends in Low Places Bar & Honky Tonk, and Hank Williams Jr. Boogie Bar.

Also in the pipeline is Big Plan Holdings and Jon Bon Jovi’s JBJ’s, set to open this spring at 405 Broadway.

Nashville Business Journal 

SmartSelect_20240506_162821_Facebook.jpg

SmartSelect_20240506_163154_Instagram.jpg

Sorry this was already posted 

5 hours ago, Argo said:

We have people coming here who routinely pay $800 northward a night for leisure hotel stays. The people who whine about diversity can take that diversity and shove it.

Just going to ignore the completely out of left field (or perhaps right field, in this case) comments about shootings, and pretend that you were, like the rest of us, referring to a diversity of entertainment venues and the sorts of folks they might attract.  Call me crazy, but I think people generally are clamoring to come vacation in downtown Nashville because they see it as a fun place to be, not because of some perceived lack of diversity that they're seeking out.  I mean, I love going out at night in The French Quarter in New Orleans, but I could count on two hands the number of minutes that Jazz music was played on my Spotify over the past year.  Point being, a little venue diversity isn't going to hurt anything, or take away from a formula that is working.  Hell, ya never know... things that are a little different getting added to the mix just might make the place even more fun and exciting.  A jarring concept for some, I know.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Whilst good news that a building won’t be sitting empty for all that long, it sure would be good to see other genres of music represented in “Music City” like blues, hip hop, rock, pop etc. again as mentioned elsewhere on the Forum , where’s the diversity? You go into any of these places and it’s the same as the one you just left, different name , same vibe and music. 

Damn right. We need Polka bars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fifth Third Center, the third-largest office building in downtown Nashville, has been listed for sale, according to Cushman & Wakefield marketing materials. 
An asking price has not been disclosed.

New York-based Blackstone Real Estate is the owner of the building. The firm paid $144.8 million for the tower in 2019. Goldman Sachs was the previous owner, having paid $118 million for the building at the end of 2018.

Downtown's Fifth Third Center, located at 424 Church St., opened in 1986 and offers nearly 650,000 square feet of leasable space. The 31-story tower has received $15 million in capital investment in the last decade and $7 million since 2019, according to the listing.

The Nashville office of Cushman & Wakefield is handling marketing for the property which is currently 73% leased to 35 tenants, according to marketing materials. The average rent is between $35.50 to $37.50 per square foot, according to Business Journal research.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/05/07/fifth-third-office-tower-for-sale-downtown.html

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 7.16.03 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Fifth Third Center, the third-largest office building in downtown Nashville, has been listed for sale, according to Cushman & Wakefield marketing materials. 
An asking price has not been disclosed.

New York-based Blackstone Real Estate is the owner of the building. The firm paid $144.8 million for the tower in 2019. Goldman Sachs was the previous owner, having paid $118 million for the building at the end of 2018.

Downtown's Fifth Third Center, located at 424 Church St., opened in 1986 and offers nearly 650,000 square feet of leasable space. The 31-story tower has received $15 million in capital investment in the last decade and $7 million since 2019, according to the listing.

The Nashville office of Cushman & Wakefield is handling marketing for the property which is currently 73% leased to 35 tenants, according to marketing materials. The average rent is between $35.50 to $37.50 per square foot, according to Business Journal research.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/05/07/fifth-third-office-tower-for-sale-downtown.html

Screen Shot 2024-05-07 at 7.16.03 PM.png

I wonder if the new owners will actually utilize the plaza. That bar structure and big seating area has been finished for more than a year now and it has yet to actually be open. So weird. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Arcade is adding a third eatery to its line-up, Ugly Bagel.   Design and Engineering Inc. will serve as the architects for Ugly Bagel while Nashville-based Thomas Constructors will handle the $480,000 build out.

The other restaurants lined-up so far are  Urban Cowboy Public House and a bar concept by Café Roze’s Julia Jaksic and Eric Lincoln.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2024/05/09/the-arcade-lands-ugly-bagel-restaurant-downtown.html

Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 5.17.48 PM.png

Here’s the website:  https://www.uglybagel.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Those look very nice!! Can’t tell if it’s commercial or residential. Could be office. 

Judging from the interior, I’m guessing an event space. I think Mark knows.

• Like 1