Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Sorry you had such a hard time of it at that location.  I am sure it was difficult with the high rents to turn the profit you needed. Everyone seems to have a problem holding onto employees. I read some placces ard going so far as to offer full benefits for the dishwashers on up.

Thanks space. I was there almost open to close without paying myself the last six months just to maybe break even. I knew it was a gamble and that’s how business goes sometimes. I wouldn’t have gambled if I didn’t already have a good base of other locations. Honestly I hope the closing helped Potbelly because I know the first owner wasn’t doing great either. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

BWSC Building (8 stories, 125,000 sq. ft.) update.  Open for 6 months now, at 90% capacity. 

Looking SW from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and Lea Ave:

BWSC, Sept 2, 2018.jpg

None of the retail spaces seem to be occupied. I’ve walked by it a few times recently and there’s for-lease signs everywhere. Right now those retail spots are kind of isolated and awkward, but in a few years when the area fills in they’ll be in higher demand. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, markhollin said:

Third Ave. South Storage (6 stories) update.

Looking west along Lindsley Ave., 1/2 block east of 3rd Ave. South:

3rd Ave South Storage, Sept 2, 2018.jpg

They’ve been pouring a ton of concrete overnight at the 5th avenue storage building near this one. The 5th Avenue one looks impressively large. If only it wasn’t just a storage facility :-/

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Huge respect to you for trying to make it work.  The Gulch badly needs businesses like yours that cater to residents instead of tourists and ritzy trend seekers who live somewhere else.  It's too bad the landlords are making it so tough.

I've been in the neighborhood pushing 6 years now and while I stay because the location is fantastic and I prefer to be in a high rise I've written it off as every becoming a fully realized livable neighborhood. Marketstreet is full on worthless, the tourists are like locusts anymore, and most people can't grow within the neighborhood so life events force them out (not saying everyone wants to stay but I'd like to know it is conceivable).

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Leif said:

I've been in the neighborhood pushing 6 years now and while I stay because the location is fantastic and I prefer to be in a high rise I've written it off as every becoming a fully realized livable neighborhood. Marketstreet is full on worthless, the tourists are like locusts anymore, and most people can't grow within the neighborhood so life events force them out (not saying everyone wants to stay but I'd like to know it is conceivable).

It would be tough to have like 3 or 4 kids and live in the Gulch. I think the area is really cool but it does have the feel of one of those neighborhoods that’s just kind of built for transient high earning singles or couples. A “Lofts @ Fill-in-the-blank” area with 400 square foot apartments, yoga studios, higher end restaurants, and the odd craft beer bar or clothing boutique. 

Just hazarding a guess, but doesn't the entity Tower Investments have a strong presence in CA and Nashville? They have been somewhat quiet of late. However, I do not believe Hotels are a speciality of theirs....maybe just land banking the property? But an expensive land bank holding if true unless they were assembling an even larger holding of surrounding parcels.

Interesting, $20 M with no track record? Maybe a shell or JV. Lots of land so not a boutique hotel. Are we missing any large flags in the core?

42 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Thats not the group we are hearing. If its who we think, they have no track record that we can see.

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

Interesting, $20 M with no track record? Maybe a shell or JV. Lots of land so not a boutique hotel. Are we missing any large flags in the core?

From the research I did, I sort of came to same conclussion, but we are not sure of the buyer 100% yet.

Plenty of flags left. Room for duplicates too.

St, Regis, Crown Plaza, IHG, and tons of smaller brand luxery brands too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

St, Regis, Crown Plaza, IHG, and tons of smaller brand luxery brands too.

Love it. You are a beast.
I would be surprised by a St Regis in that area. I have IHG going into BroadWest (unconfirmed).  Crown Plaza would fit in there well.  I could see a Conrad (Hilton) Hotel at that location. 

It is such a large land area (my guess is two full blocks) and the price so expensive that I envision a big announcement...hopefully soon.

Two hotels that have long wanted a presence here would be Peabody and Ritz Carlton. My thoughts is that BroadWest could be a Ritz because of the luxury residences that would be associated with the development.

I just don't think IHG will go there. They will want to be closer to the action thus the roundabout.

• Like 2