Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

56 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Is this already posted somewhere?  Didn't see it. Sorry if a cross-post.

Silly proposal up north

"Hey, build me three bridges, and I'll build another downtown along West Trinity."  Maytown Redux?

Perhaps this deserves its own thread.

My initial response is "Great idea!  Let's start a new downtown with bike lanes, wide sidewalks, the whole bit."

Also, this could be the step that eventually brings the Clarksville MSA in to the Nashville MSA.

• Like 1

Finally!!

Parking lot next to me seeing some action. 

Tower planned for Christ Church Cathedral lot on 8th North and Commerce.

Reading details...

Tower eyed for downtown church parking lot

Owner of boutique hotel Holston House has agreement with Christ Church Cathedral for land lease

Edited by Guest

On 9/25/2018 at 8:46 AM, markhollin said:

Looks like the Circle South Property (1.7 acres at 410 8th Ave. South, African Methodist Episcopal Church HQ) where Lafayette and 8th Ave. merge into the Music City Circle Roundabout, is going to be a hotel.  Circle South Partners is the name of the local group of investors led by J. David Byerley who purchased the land in cash last week for $21 million.

Byerley is consulting with hotelier Jay Patel, and entertainment icon CeCe Winans regarding various elements he would like to pursue.  Existing code for that parcel allows for 12-16 stories, although additional height can be obtained with bonuses from Metro for things like public parking and LEED energy-efficiency standards being applied.

From The Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21024672/work-ready-to-begin-on-the-manning

Cushman & Wakefield official weighs in on SoBro property sale

The six-parcel SoBro site located at the Korean Veterans Boulevard Roundabout and that recently sold for $21 million, with a hotel being eyed, is a transaction that has caught the attention of local real estate industry professional Fred Kane.

Kane, vice president of the land services group of the local office of Cushman & Wakefield, grades the 1.9-acre site an A-plus, noting the zoning already in place that would allow a building of up to 30 stories.

The transaction is the equivalent of about $253 per square foot.

“This is a good deal for the buyer,” Kane told the Post. “I would value this property at $300 per square foot, or $25 million, for the 1.9 acres.

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 2

One of my favorite old structures downtown is up for sale again. Built in the 1890s, the 6,535 sq. ft. home/small warehouse at 4 Berrien on Rutledge Hill is on the market for $2.35 million.  Could make an excellent restaurant or hip office space.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21024900/downtown-office-building-listed-for-sale-for-235m

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 9.34.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 9.34.59 AM.png

• Like 3

On 9/28/2018 at 7:32 AM, Nashville Cliff said:

Is this already posted somewhere?  Didn't see it. Sorry if a cross-post.

Silly proposal up north

"Hey, build me three bridges, and I'll build another downtown along West Trinity."  Maytown Redux?

On 9/28/2018 at 8:31 AM, Mr_Bond said:

Perhaps this deserves its own thread.

My initial response is "Great idea!  Let's start a new downtown with bike lanes, wide sidewalks, the whole bit."

Also, this could be the step that eventually brings the Clarksville MSA in to the Nashville MSA.

Doesnt Nashville already have a development like this called RiverNorth? Why isn't he partnering with that developer to help that come together? Having worked with a couple partners along this corridor, I would be concerned what this type of money influx would do to the existing community. Too many times these big wig developers bring in their dollars and want the clean slate development. Its harder, more thought provoking when you work the existing fabric into your grand schemes.  Also take a look at where these bridges would connect to and MetroCenter would need a ton of work to make this plausible. 

While I love doing master planning, basically this guy is saying "Lets make this place much more glitzy and glammy, so much more that the people living there stand no hope of financially or comfortably be able to stay where they are.

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 3