Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Do you know if they plan to add some nice lighting features to the Pedestrian bridge over I 40? It's pretty transparent at night.

I'll be honest, I haven't been that way in about a month, is it empty now? last time I was there it still looked occupied. 

Demo permit for the Old Cokesbury building issued, inching us closer to the Westin beginning.  

Confirmed! On my drive in this morning, I noticed the word "DEMO" sprayed in bright orange on at least one of the structures.

I have faith, and so I won't second-guess it any longer, that the Westin is being "inched" into becoming underway on that site of the United Methodist Publishing House, but every morning just before daybreak I pass by on the bus and I too can see lighted offices filled with some undisturbed-appearing equipment ─ not the entire building, but some 3 or 4 rooms can be seen from outside.in the dark. (referring to the one structure on the SW corner of Eighth and Demonbreun)

-==-

Edited by rookzie

I wonder if they have to pay tax on the "commercial" use income off that site, or the gain?

Non-profit organizations that ulitize their space for anything other than their exempt purpose may pay property pro-rated property taxes based on the percentage of their property that is used for commercial purposes, including parking lots. 

Tony mentioned this at the meet. NOVO groups bid on First Baptist site has fallen through.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/12/15/ariz-developer-deal-falls-hotel-site-near-music-city-center/20439633/

I had read an article shortly after that offer was announced in one of the local pubs, and it made the point that $18M was way overpriced for 1.26 acres. That would have been hard to justify.  I have read anywhere from $9.5 to $12 is more realistic, and even that is a handsome price/sq.ft.... And it seems that Fred Kane from Cassidy Turley would agree.  Of course, there are the two other (alleged) offers for around $15M.  Guess that's why I am not in real estate. Worth = Whatever someone will pay 

Non-profit organizations that ulitize their space for anything other than their exempt purpose may pay property pro-rated property taxes based on the percentage of their property that is used for commercial purposes, including parking lots. 

I heard their parking lot generated over $1m in gross income prior to the city building its massive parking lot, I mean convention center - they are having conventions there aren't they?

To me, it looked like they were clearing out bushes on 'The Sliver' today.  The 'caution' tape would have been to keep people from trying to park there.  There was no drilling equipment.  Could it be that they're going to add more parking spaces?  Or is this prep work for taking core samples?  Maybe you pros could give us some insights.