Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I'm a bit too lazy to go up a floor but here is a shot from west of 1st Ave.  Notice the out buildings for bathrooms? and concessions? in the foreground.   That is taking up some space too.  I don't like where the building sits right now but it is what it is, I guess.  The fact that 1st Ave north-bound is close is causing serious traffic issues in the morning and evening.  Getting out of the area has been tricky.  Can't imagine what Bridgestone will do.  

post-29071-0-63016000-1419015930_thumb.j

I'm a bit too lazy to go up a floor but here is a shot from west of 1st Ave.  Notice the out buildings for bathrooms? and concessions? in the foreground.   That is taking up some space too.  I don't like where the building sits right now but it is what it is, I guess.  The fact that 1st Ave north-bound is close is causing serious traffic issues in the morning and evening.  Getting out of the area has been tricky.  Can't imagine what Bridgestone will do.  

attachicon.gifconcerthall.JPG

I couldn't agree more about the placement of this stage (and so very huge... will they have a paramedic team at the ready for anyone who falls off it?).  I am hoping for lots of very nice... lush landscaping.  No doubt, a very nice fence will be around it too.  Nice shrubs... trees... and various grassy areas.  

The amphitheater is not just an amphitheater, there's going to be a park with all kinds of other elements behind it also. That's why the seating area is limited. There's no reason to use the entire site for an amphitheater when in the winter months it's probably going to be sitting dormant most of the time anyways. IMO, they shouldn't have put an amphitheater there at all and made the entire themal plant site one big park that can be used throughout the entire year. We already have plenty of music venues, including the riverfront. The only mistake about the amphitheater, is the amphitheater itself if you ask me. But again, that's just my opinion. 

No doubt it should have been just one or the other.  If they had made it just a park...fine.  I would have liked for it to have been a large amphitheater...as we actually have need for one.  Seems they've tried to have the best of both worlds and may end up with neither.

I had a great stroll through the CBD and SoBro at lunch today, walking by the hole where the MDHA garage (and hopefully Paramount) will go at 5th and Church, what looks like work underway at the Ryman expansion, the Predator pro shop (which helps activate the western edge of Bridgestone Arena), the upgrades to Hall of Fame Park, the fenced off site for Bridgestone Tower, the SoBro site pit (getting deep), and the amphitheater (which will be an impressive focal point looking down Molloy from the Omni), among others.  Lots of energy.

BTW, anybody have an update on the Canopy Hotel? http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2014/10/15/canopy-hilton-hotel-planned-downtown/17331285/

• Like 2

Well, again, I don't know why they keep repeating "the church's price tag is too high" bit. As Hugh Sloan said, it's not the church setting the price. If someone offers you 3 or 6 million more than a previous deal, what are going to say? No, I'm sorry, 18 million is just too much. 15 sounds better. Yyyeeeeeaaaahhh.

I did hear today that Novo got spooked by the JWM. I also heard that the building on the property will have to come down soon as it will no longer be insured.

Seems to me they need to get an appraisal and put a price on the land. That is how it is normally done, instead of a bid. I know the Church wants to get started on the campus expansion and this would be the way to get it done.

Not criticizing, but curious why it was done the way it was done.

Seems to me they need to get an appraisal and put a price on the land. That is how it is normally done, instead of a bid. I know the Church wants to get started on the campus expansion and this would be the way to get it done.

Not criticizing, but curious why it was done the way it was done.

To be perfectly honest, is an appraisal really worth it? With the way land in Nashville is being bought and sold, and with how quickly the prices seem to be escalating, it's a seller's market. Throw market value out of the window....it's pretty much what a developer (or investor) is willing to pay. 

• Like 1

I think it's more about the timing up to this point. The church went from having a deal with Tony to two simultaneous 15 mil offers to an 18 mil deal. The events haven't really made it necessary to set a price. The market seems to be trying to establish value. Believe me, the church isn't in the dark on price. The difficult part seems to be finding a buyer that can follow through.

Far as I can tell, none of this seems to be the church's fault (not sure about the $15 mil offers, though).  Tony backed out and had to pay the church over $1 Mil and I don't think that was because the price was too high.  And...Novo is the one who bid $18 Mil and then backed out.  Doesn't sound like the church is upping the price (again...not sure what happened on the $15 Mil deals).

I think the higher theprice it goes for,the the bigger the development. So in hind site I guees it is not a bad thing.mwe now need a developer with a big vision and a big deep pocket to get something done here. With that being said, then we could see a very very large and tall mixed use project at the location. Thanks for all the insite guys.

Where is our dream developer.

In a note about developers, there were a couple of articles in the NBJ you all are familiar with. In the latest article Beamans said there were 3 different developers wanting to do high rise residential projects on his property and of course he said it's not for sale.

I dare say the condo highrise condo markets is about to heat up inthe core even more.

• Like 1

I am not sure who MidTenn is on this board, s/he posts under that name on the SSC boards... and frequently contributes some very nice "composite" pictures of the new buildings in Nashville.  S/He recently posted one of the (what I call) "big block" low-rise apartment buildings under construction with most of their names.  Noted that s/he did not have enough time to finish all projects... nor put names to all of them.  I hope whoever s/he is might consider posting same here.  And I would add, nice job!! 

Here is a RMH project that is already under construction, but don't recall seeing a rendering. It is the Terra House at 72 Hermitage Ave.  (courtesy of Colliers... http://www.colliers.com/en-us/p-usa1005405).  

Developer: SWH Residential Architect: Smith Gee Studio Planning/Landscaping: Hodgson Douglas Engineer: Littlejohn Engineering Associates

Hermitage%20View%203.jpg.jpg?la=en-US&mw

• Like 2

I am not sure who MidTenn is on this board, s/he posts under that name on the SSC boards... and frequently contributes some very nice "composite" pictures of the new buildings in Nashville. S/He recently posted one of the (what I call) "big block" low-rise apartment buildings under construction with most of their names. Noted that s/he did not have enough time to finish all projects... nor put names to all of them. I hope whoever s/he is might consider posting same here. And I would add, nice job!!

Here is a RMH project that is already under construction, but don't recall seeing a rendering. It is the Terra House at 72 Hermitage Ave. (courtesy of Colliers... http://www.colliers.com/en-us/p-usa1005405).

Developer: SWH Residential Architect: Smith Gee Studio Planning/Landscaping: Hodgson Douglas Engineer: Littlejohn Engineering Associates

Hermitage%20View%203.jpg.jpg?la=en-US&mw

This is PHofKS on this board. There is a rendering, but I have not seen this one. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

In a note about developers, there were a couple of articles in the NBJ you all are familiar with. In the latest article Beamans said there were 3 different developers wanting to do high rise residential projects on his property and of course he said it's not for sale.

I dare say the condo highrise condo markets is about to heat up inthe core even more.

This is what I kind of went off on in the B&P thread, however the developers that approached him were wanting the Hawkins St property, not the lots.

The James Robertson is in fact about to be sold. Residents have to be out by April. The bad news is most of these folks are on fixed income and they will have to find affordable housing somewhere else. The building is on the register of historic places.

The sale is not final but a contract is in place.

The new owner will be Robert Keenan out of Franklin.

This is from the Post and is behind the paywall right now.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2014/12/19/historic_downtown_art_deco_building_to_be_sold

• Like 1