Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

My wife and I are currently closing on our first home. It is in Elizabeth Park. We will be living just a house away from the senior center and park. Great to be able to find a place to keep up with the neighborhoods. Anyone know if there is a neighborhood watch in place in Elizabeth Park?

I don't know of a neighborhood watch in the area.   I've been in Historic Buena Vista for 5 years and have not ever had any issues, though.    

My wife and I are currently closing on our first home. It is in Elizabeth Park. We will be living just a house away from the senior center and park. Great to be able to find a place to keep up with the neighborhoods. Anyone know if there is a neighborhood watch in place in Elizabeth Park?

Did you buy one of the Kudzo Homes?

Welcome to North Nashville, feel free to message me in regards to your neighborhood watch inquiry. I patrol your area.

• Like 1

Just got a text from a buddy that the lot at 1508 Arthur Ave owned by Augustus Bankhead has a "sold" sign on it.  Bankhead owns 1508, 1510, 1512, and was holding firm on a price for all the parcels of 250,000 last year, will try to follow up and call the listing agent.  

D4EdnaP.jpg

• Like 1

I spoke with the buyer's agent, Bankhead sold all the lots for 175,000 to a non-developer who will probably sell them to a developer.  The agent said the buyer would have paid up 260,000 for the land.  

That's a a pretty big contiguous chunk of land.  I don't reckon the buyer will have any trouble flipping this around to sell.  

• Like 1

RD Herbert moving out of Germantown just after the first of the year in anticipation of the Fountains Germantown project starting, which the final site plan is being approved now.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2014/12/12/herbert_sons_to_move_to_make_way_for_germantown_project

In addition two other projects have been approved by the Planning Commission.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2014/12/12/planning_commission_oks_two_north_nashville_projects

Glad to see more folks moving into North Nashville. My wife and I have been on Saint Louis St since September 2013. Got a really cool transitional victorian bungalow that we remodeled

To my knowledge, there isn't an official neighborhood group in Elizabeth Park. I know there's one in North Fisk, and they've been pretty involved with the RM 40 A zoning change for the large parcel on Heiman adjacent to the railroad tracks. Thanks to their involvement, it appears the developers will be getting an SP instead of a wholesale base zoning change.

There have been a lot of artists moving in on Heiman, and there have been several remodels done in the "jones-Buena vista" area. I have a listing on 11th Ave N that's under contract currently. And I'm pretty excited about whatever is going on at 9th and Buchanan. Someone is clearly putting some money into the old Jones Super Saver - they've sandblasted the entire building and brought out the Art Deco brick work, a new roof has been put on, and it appears some work has started on the commercial property across the street.

The investor that I work with has been focusing exclusively on North Nashville, doing remodels as well as doing high quality section 8 rentals as both of us are interested in trying to maintain quality affordable housing in the urban core as well as revitalizing depressed neighborhoods.

Im hoping North Nashville can break the trend of revitalization leading to full scale gentrification. I would like to make some money on my house, but I also think a hallmark of healthy neighborhoods is a diversity of income ranges.

• Like 4

The investor that I work with has been focusing exclusively on North Nashville, doing remodels as well as doing high quality section 8 rentals as both of us are interested in trying to maintain quality affordable housing in the urban core as well as revitalizing depressed neighborhoods.

Im hoping North Nashville can break the trend of revitalization leading to full scale gentrification. I would like to make some money on my house, but I also think a hallmark of healthy neighborhoods is a diversity of income ranges.

"High quality" is very subjective.... And all of that talk about affordable housing goes out of the window when an area is gentrified and rental rates double. Investors don't settle for making significantly less return on their investment because it makes them feel good. That saying of "a healthy neighborhood needs a diversity of income ranges", will quickly change to "we need more people in this neighborhood with disposable income to support these pricey restaraunts and $5 coffee".

When an area is gentrified if a lower income person doesn't own their property, then that person will be crap out of luck and will be packing their bags. So if an investor is truely concerned about displacement you would be promoting home ownership or maybe rent-to-own options where the contract is not completely stacked in favor of the owner.

There is nothing wrong with investors making money off these deals, but this "we help people buy providing section 8", is complete BS. Again nothing wrong with making money, but you are helping yourself.

Welcome to the forum. We are getting a lot of new posters on the board for sure. Looking forward to more post.

I am glad to say that members on this forum are making a difference in their neighborhoods and the city.

Keep us informed about the HBV area.

We are getting eyes and ears in all the areas of town.

Did you see the Google Map version of the current structure?  That thing looks really scary.  I'd be afraid to cross it the way it looks in that image.

I'd be a bit edgy about crossing it, because it looks neglected, especially since it was erected so long ago.  Whenever I have ridden the MTA Purple Line circulator bus from Riverfront to the Fulton Complex on Lindsley Ave. (to get my car tags renewed, etc.), I've almost always seen riders get off at the stop at that bridge and cross over toward the Sudekum homes, so it does serve a genuine purpose for those in need of traversing I-40.  But in all, it could stand to be totally replaced, IMO, with a more welcoming-appearing structure, rather than being the rock-throwing-proof, suicide-preventing cage that it has transformed into.

-==-

Edited by rookzie