Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Wait really?? Wouldn't it be right next to Duke/Wells, or does it sit a bit farther back behind it?

Wells Fronts  Tryon, The Tower will front Church. And we are looking at Duke from an Angle. so it would be 95% obscured behind Duke & the crescent tower, I suppose it will show up enough to have it on there though.

Edited by Guest

Wells Fronts  Tryon, The Tower will front Church. And we are looking at Duke from an Angle. so it would be 95% obscured behind Duke & the crescent tower, I suppose it will show up enough to have it on there though.

Look at this... The guy that doesn't even live here can tell it like it is :)

• Like 1

Look at this... The guy that doesn't even live here can tell it like it is :)

LOL 12 10 years experience making renderings for this website lol. I started in MS Paint.

My Join date was my 2 days after my 20th birthday apparently. February 18th, 2005. My 30th is on Monday, Gifts and Wine is acceptable. LOL

Edited by Guest

LOL 12 10 years experience making renderings for this website lol. I started in MS Paint.

My Join date was my 2 days after my 20th birthday apparently. February 18th, 2005. My 30th is on Monday, Gifts and Wine is acceptable. LOL

I really don't want to talk about age.. at all... with you.  :alc:

Edited by wend28

Is it possible it's a dual hotel like AC Hotel at Elicenter is and it's stacked on top of eachother?

The rendering doesn't really show us the back, but will the hotel also have its own structure parking that it will sit on?

:) I'm excited to see the rest of the plans, Crescent always beats my expectations

Is it possible it's a dual hotel like AC Hotel at Elicenter is and it's stacked on top of eachother?

The rendering doesn't really show us the back, but will the hotel also have its own structure parking that it will sit on?

:) I'm excited to see the rest of the plans, Crescent always beats my expectations

As far as hotels go, I think that's certainly a possibility. One of my contacts had contacted a hotel developer, who said he passed on this project because of the difficulty of developing two hotels on this site. With all things considered, It sounds as though they are focused on two separate hotels, and it'll be very interesting to see how the site is done.

As far as structured parking goes. The deck with me 8-10 floors, 1,500 spaces, and will accommodate all the elements of the building. The hotels, residences and the 67k of retail.

A little more information is available on the architects website.  Total height is 21 or 22 stories.  Description doesn't quite tie out as it describes apartment tower as 12 stories over stories of parking, but total project height at 22 stories.

http://www.theprestonpartnership.com/project/crescent-charlotte-uptown/?cat=current-projects

• Like 1

A little more information is available on the architects website.  Total height is 21 or 22 stories.  Description doesn't quite tie out as it describes apartment tower as 12 stories over stories of parking, but total project height at 22 stories.

http://www.theprestonpartnership.com/project/crescent-charlotte-uptown/?cat=current-projects

Maybe they are counting the amenity terrace?  I would assume if there is a terrace, there is also a club room area at that level.  So it would be 9 stories of parking, 12 stories of apts, and 1 amenity terrace.  62k total retail is pretty nice, though a bit less than the 67k that had previously been reported.

I really like the way the JW Marriott in Austin turned out... It would be nice if the Crescent hotel was something similar in terms of architecture and street presence (even if it's restaurants). Though it would be smaller in terms of rooms. 

Edited by wend28

I'd like to know more about the history of the building before it's torn down and forgotten. I first when there when it was CONNECTIONS, then went all the time while it was CRUSH. It seemed to be a purpose-built nightclub which is kinda rare in this city. The secret staircase in one of those silos that led to the rooftop patio was cool and the layout inside was pretty nice. Never went while it was CLUB ICE or CAVIAR but I'd imagine it's still a nice spot.

In the late 70's it was a large Oriental (the term used at the time) restaurant. The high ceilings allowed tall (fake) palm trees. The size and height and location made it a special place at a time when Chinese food with quality service was not so easy to find. Wife says it was a popular "date" place.I know not if that was the original tenant. A few minutes prayer to St. Google was not answered regarding the name of the restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...