Crescent Stonewall Station

CLTProductions

Took me a while but I get it now. Little confused by the lack of visual context.

:) Parallel parking on Stonewall, awesome!

What is up with dual branded hotels though. Is there an economical reasoning behind it? Financing or some other reason? Caters to two demographics? J

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

Hard to say for sure, but that doesn't look like a very big hotel at all..

8-10 floors, 200-250 units. 

Other one will be 8-10 floors, 150 units, likely a Suites hotel. 

Overall they are very small hotels. But they will be two new brands to Uptown, likely new brands to the City, as a whole, from what I am hearing. I do wish someone would just take a chance and throw up a 1000 room JW Marriott. I'm not going to lie, spaces near the convention center are going to be gone soon.

Overall they are very small hotels. But they will be two new brands to Uptown, likely new brands to the City, as a whole, from what I am hearing. I do wish someone would just take a chance and throw up a 1000 room JW Marriott. I'm not going to lie, spaces near the convention center are going to be gone soon.

Agree with you on the suites hotel, and the fact both hotels will be new brands to the area. Can confirm that actually ;)

Agree with you on the suites hotel, and the fact both hotels will be new brands to the area. Can confirm that actually ;)

Since you made mention of Loews yesterday, is Loews considered a suites hotel?

I've only stayed at one and it was in a suite, however I thought Loews was considered a luxury brand.

Edited by cltbwimob

Since you made mention of Loews yesterday, is Loews considered a suites hotel?

I've only stayed at one and it was in a suite, however I thought Loews was considered a luxury brand.

Loews is a lux brand and is what I'm guessing will land at the stonewall side. The other facing highway will be a "luxury" suites hotel. My contact at Crescent wouldn't give me the name, but confirmed its a new brand in uptown and that construction would start on the entire hotel complex within a few months of the start of the project.

Yea, I know... I was really just commenting on the rendering. At first glance it looked like an 80 room boutique hotel. I'm with you on the JW Marriott (or Hyatt Regency, etc). I really wish someone would take the gamble on that megahotel instead of these 200 room ones. As you said, there won't be any room left in uptown before too long. Never thought I'd actually say that.

Loews is a lux brand and is what I'm guessing will land at the stonewall side. The other facing highway will be a "luxury" suites hotel. My contact at Crescent wouldn't give me the name, but confirmed its a new brand in uptown and that construction would start on the entire hotel complex within a few months of the start of the project.

With Wikipedia claiming that Cambria Suites is a lux suites hotel, Cambria is my guess for the luxury suites hotel. It was the only one I could find that would match such a description. Of course considering the source, that guess may be way off.

• 3 weeks later...

With Wikipedia claiming that Cambria Suites is a lux suites hotel, Cambria is my guess for the luxury suites hotel. It was the only one I could find that would match such a description. Of course considering the source, that guess may be way off.

Your guess is correct. The hotel closest to 277 is a Cambria

http://www.charlotteagenda.com/7614/crescent-communities-is-going-to-transform-how-you-see-uptown-part-1-crescent-uptown-aka-whole-foods-uptown/

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

I really do like how all these Stonewall probjects are being modest with their height. The stepping down from a little further north looks good and will make the drive along 277 feel very urban without being super imposing. When I was reading the article is was wondering what the heck was that lighting effect in the wide angle shot of skyline until I read that there might be the "light sculpture". That will be awesome especially if it is visible from the highway. I know that it keeps being said that the club right there isn't included in this project, but where in those renderings is it? I just don't see how the building can stay up with all that going in. Personally I would like to see it stay, freshened up, and something worthwhile open up in it. I've been inside there many years ago and it has a funky layout. Would be an interesting spot for a high end restaurant. Based off what I'm seeing this project is looking to be just as, if not more than, transformative than Tryon Place.

I know that it keeps being said that the club right there isn't included in this project, but where in those renderings is it? I just don't see how the building can stay up with all that going in. Personally I would like to see it stay, freshened up, and something worthwhile open up in it. I've been inside there many years ago and it has a funky layout. Would be an interesting spot for a high end restaurant. Based off what I'm seeing this project is looking to be just as, if not more than, transformative than Tryon Place.

Its definitely going away. That area is being directly built over for the whole foods and it will connect directly with Stonewall Station on the 2nd level. 

I know that it keeps being said that the club right there isn't included in this project, but where in those renderings is it? I just don't see how the building can stay up with all that going in. Personally I would like to see it stay, freshened up, and something worthwhile open up in it. I've been inside there many years ago and it has a funky layout. Would be an interesting spot for a high end restaurant. Based off what I'm seeing this project is looking to be just as, if not more than, transformative than Tryon Place.

Yes. Club and parking lot are 10000% gone. They exist exactly where the whole foods will be. The loading docks in the back is where the club is now. I don't think it will be missed at all.

And yes, the project is going to be the catalyst for everything. The power of whole foods is undeniable.

I certainly won't lament it's loss. I understand the march of growth and progress, but I do like when the occasional odd building mingles with the new, bigger guys on the block. That why I'm glad the old Celebs didn't get eaten up by the Mint.

I agree and like when older structures force developers to break up their projects and get a little more creative, which makes The Mint slightly more interesting than it might have been otherwise. Here however linking up with the LRT Station trumps all and that club had a ton of parking between it and the street, which makes it much harder to imagine saving.