First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

Exactly PHofKC; I don't know if it's because I'm a Tigers fan or because the DH rule only makes since, but I am an American League fan and have always pulled for the AL in the All-Star Game.  Having The Red Sox, Yankee's, Tiger's come to town almost has an exotic sound to it compared to the Braves, Card's or the Reds.  If you're like me and not a Braves fan; having them shoved down the Southeast's throat as "the local team" and "the Region's team" you begin to hate them almost as bad as the Yankee's, and we don't have a local team.  Me being in Huntsville, Al if Nashville had a team (although I'm native to southern middle Tennessee) I would consider that "a local team."  I just hope that if Nashville ever gets an MLB team they'll take the Nashville and not Tennessee name.  You know how hard it is for a Bama fan to root for a football team named Tennessee no matter the league?

Edited by L'burgnative
  • Like 4

I'll go on record as saying "it's not going to happen". But if I'm wrong, I would go berserk if the A's moved here! I just moved back from Berkeley and loved going to A's games more than anything (even when the Giants won 2 WS). They are a great team with a rich history. I would most certainly buy season tix on day 1.

But I will say, no major league team is going to move into a modified minor league stadium. It's just not going to happen. We would have to start from scratch to get an MLB team. Lucky for us, we have a sea of parking lots and rusting metal on the east bank.

Edited by nashvillwill

Based on that, i'm guessing single game tickets will start around $15.

At the "bullpen" price point, with approximately 74 home games per season,

Full season price per game= $8.75

Half season=$10.70

Quarter season= $12.64

There may be cheaper seats in the "corner" seating area but i can't really speculate with this data.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably reading too much into this, but there are rumors that there may be a three-way trade of AAA organizations involving Giants, A's and the Brewers.  Currently the A's AAA organization is the Sacramento River Cats (apparently one of the best triple-A organizations at that), and have been for a long time.  Apparently the A's want to drop the River Cats, the River Cats are in talks with the Giants and the Giants Triple-A affiliate in Fresno is talking with the Brewers and Oakland with Nashville.  This is where I start speculating; it's no secrete that the A's won't out of Oakland, and I'm wondering if the A's are either scouting the Nashville area or there looking to move somewhere else in the region say Charlotte.  I know the Sounds is not close to Milwaukee, but a lot of the MLB teams keep there triple-A club close to home much like Oakland and Sacramento, San Fran and Fresno, Houston and Oklahoma City...  I'm keeping my eyes there right now, and I would much rather have the A's than the Rays.  The A's are contenders, the A's have a history and the A's is a team I could see Nashville, all of Tennessee  (Memphis excluded because they're butt hurt), Northern Alabama/Mississippi and Southern Kentucky getting behind them.  I could see myself dropping the Tigers and going full A's fan and come up for a few games a year, but Although I'd root for a Nashville Rays I couldn't see me dropping the Tigers for the Rays though.  As for Urban Arch.: "We are so close to Atlanta and St. Louis" the southeast would have to be the MLB's least concentrated region (with any meaningful population) in the country.  Nashville's probably closest to Cincinnati or Atlanta and both are four and a half hours or more drives; the heck that's close.  I agree that Nashville population wise is still probably a decade or more away from being able to host MLB, but in a decade Nashville's chances maybe slimmer due to no one's shopping for a new home so Nashville's chances may be now. 

And from the Tennessean today...

The Sounds are now in a negotiating window to talk with other available organizations. Besides the Brewers, the Rockies, A's, Astros and Dodgers have open Triple-A agreements. New agreements must be in place by Oct. 7.

The San Francisco Chronicle and Ballpark Digest are two publications who are projecting the Oakland A's will work out an agreement with the Sounds and become the affiliate when the First Tennessee Park opens in April.

Very prophetic, L'b. Now if we could only connect the dots to acquisition of a Major League Baseball team.

A few things, from what I have read; the stadium does not have enough scalability to be expanded for an MLB stadium and the MLB would probably want a new stadium built anyway. 

Some have said that the building of the new minor league stadium has set Nashville back by 10-15 years in the quest to get an MLB team.

I never said from which point we have been set back 10-15 years.

I think by the time we're shopping for a team, it will be irrelevant. I suppose we could get one before then, but I think we have several cities ahead of us. The only way we even sniff in 10-15 years is if MLB decides to expand, or if we lose one of either the Titans or Preds.

A's!!!!!!!!

As a short term Bay Area resident, who fell in love with the A's (even while the Giants were winning multiple W.S.) I can't tell you how thrilled I am about this. The A's are a good organization, filled with good people, players and philosophy. I am.....what's the word.......stoked! I'm stoked about this!. Good things to come.

• Like 1

Hypothetical question; say Nashville got a team tomorrow it would take about 2-4 years to have a stadium ready to move into.  The Oilers/Titans spent time in the Liberty Bowl and Vandy Stadium while waiting on Adelphia then to be completed.  Football stadium in Tennessee; the Titans had options, so where would an MLB team play?  Do you modify the east or west lower grandstand of LP Field to a retractable seating for a few years?  Are there other options y'all can think of; Puerto Rico or Mexico City for a few seasons, or Stay pat in the current city till the stadiums done?

e-dub if you ever went to the games back then you probably got to see some good ball players.  Canseco in 1985, McGwire and Terry Steinbach  in 1986, Giambi in 1994.  BTW the Stars (Brewers AA team) played there last season in Huntsville this year; They're moving to Biloxi, Ms.

my dad was in the army (redstone arsenal), we moved there in 1990. i did see jason giambi, though.

that's crazy about the team moving, are there any plans on what to do with joe davis?

my dad was in the army (redstone arsenal), we moved there in 1990. i did see jason giambi, though.

that's crazy about the team moving, are there any plans on what to do with joe davis?

I have not heard of any plans; from my understanding "the Joe" was the oldest stadium in there league, so if Huntsville were to attract a new team they would probably have to do so by building a new stadium downtown which has been discussed here for several years.