First Horizon Park - Home of the Nashville Sounds

RemarkableHomes

This is a borderline area. Both fescue and the warm season grasses could probably be used, but the major leagues normally use Kentucky Bluegrass which is a type of fescue that holds its color during the off season. The Bermuda will turn brown in the winter of course and if you have a real harsh winter, the cold can actually kill it.

The Fescue is easier to make patterns in when mowing, however the Bermuda is real hardy, but is less, I guess you could say, cushy if a player falls.

The reason they will want to get the grass started ASAP is that it can take up to a year to root. They would not sod because of issues in the unevenness of the turf.

Also with Bermuda, you have to seed it and you have to seed it in the spring. It takes a huge amount of water to get it going too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

From today's NBJ

Nashville Sounds' new First Tennessee Park will begin taking shape in August

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/06/nashville-sounds-newfirst-tennessee-park-will.html

Ron Gobbell, of Gobbell Hays Partners, the project’s general manager, said rough grading on the site is complete and that he expects to go vertical in August

The ballpark’s design has been approved by the Metropilitan Development and Housing Agency and Gobbell expects final design details to be released next month

I'll be interested to see the final design.  

• Like 1

Can I ask why?

This is one piece EVERYONE wanted to be at the new ballpark.

I just think it's cheesy, cheesy like the strings building. I'm sure It will fit right in with the lack luster design of the stadium itself, but at least they made it a modern scoreboard so that's a plus. It's no big deal to me either way really. I'm not a Sounds fan, have never been to one of their games and don't ever plan to.